Ranch Kettle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck_B

TVWBB Wizard
Anyone have this? I'm always being asked to BBQ family parties and friends parties and never have enough room to cook everything. I'm normally working on two or three grills (one time 5!). I know it's pricy but considering the amounts I'm asked to cook it might be worth it. Does anyone have one?

Yep! Got one and love it! Took a little getting used to but it does a great job! have done as many as 15 beer can chickens at once, massive amounts of ribs, briskets, pork butts etc. Just wish I could find one of the old rottiserie rings for it!

Have one as well, nothing bad to say except the amount of charcoal to fill it! Although that's no worse than starting up three grills!

Clark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clark Deutscher:
Have one as well, nothing bad to say except the amount of charcoal to fill it! Although that's no worse than starting up three grills!

Clark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah true. the one time I had 5 going was the most ridiculous things I ever did!

Charcoal usage on the RK will depend on what/how you're cooking.
I cooked 6 slabs of ribs for Easter on mine, started with a chimney of K-Comp on each side.
At the start, this was too hot, and I had to pile the ribs in the center until it cooled a bit.

I later added about 6 to 8 coals on each side to finish.
It was my first cook on my CL RK find, and I really liked the room.
100_3326.jpg

I have one, My wife and daughter gave it to me for Fathers Day some years ago. The capacity is Awesome, just takes a little getting use to. Be aware that alot of people want to lift the lid, so keep it within arms reach. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back