Rainy night chicken wings...

Frank H

TVWBB Gold Member
I was all set to do these out on the patio , but wouldn't you know it? It started to rain. I thought about moving the cook inside but then I thought , you know what? I want these wings grilled over charcoal , Gosh Darn it! So I moved into the Pork Palace. (That's what I call my garage when I cook out there).
6763b8338e3ca0c412de22edc7c4d107_zpsc4aebff3.jpg

So , chicken wings it is ! Stole Bob Corrells idea for a soy sauce/brown sugar glaze for Sweetie's wings. But I tweaked it by using Mr Yoshidas marinade and used maple syrup for the sweetener. We shall see if she likes it.
5d61947e2341200c9ebcdb238f0f793d_zpsd84a5da0.jpg

My share of the wings (since I'm not averse to a little heat) are currently relaxing in a bath of Franks Red Hot (I put that $#1t on everything!) and just before they go on the grill they will get dusted with A-1 rub and some smoky pepper from Trader Joes.
a91f7c4272b0bcc080ed4695d09887f5_zpsec181e76.jpg

I am currently relaxin with a Vodka and Fresca (you know you're old when you cut your booze with diet soda) and waiting to light the chimney at 5PM.....I will keep you posted.

Still patiently waiting for the results, Frank. Sure hope the Vodka and Fresca didn't get the best of ya!!;)

If so, believe me, I know how that goes. :o

Hope they were tasty for you and Sweetie.

Ok tony. You're right. Actually it's all done. Came out pretty good. Sweetie liked her wings and mine were nice and spicy.
5d8961afe7abaf0c504f40f2c1bc41c9_zps02782f76.jpg

29c560098287fdcc2dad5e9ca5c9e896_zps4890bcdd.jpg

8c63440b7e8e0c14fe6dc2a5ed8c74a8_zpsf356c7a6.jpg

Last edited:
Still patiently waiting for the results, Frank. Sure hope the Vodka and Fresca didn't get the best of ya!!;)
If so, believe me, I know how that goes. :o
Hope they were tasty for you and Sweetie.

ha ! No , not this time. I just got a little busy after supper helping my son. Didn't get to post my pix.
The soy/maple glaze on sweeties wings was surprisingly tasty. I actually liked hers better than mine.
(But I did eat all mine):cool:

Dang fine wings Frank!
glad I waited, so I didn't have to wait :rolleyes:

I hear ya. (I think) :confused:....had to talk my son thru changing the power cord on his dryer at the new house....messed up my timetable.
I will be doing that soy/maple glaze again , with more maple next time. sweetie liked it a lot and I thought it was more interesting than mine. oddly , the franks red hot bath did not add much flavor or any real heat. I should've given them a last coat , but I got lazy.

Back