Rack of ribs and boneless style

WayneO

What is the best kind of ribs to buy baby backs or St. Louis style as in more meat on the bone? Also best way to smoke them I hear so many different ways like smoke em for 3hrs then wrap em for 2hrs?? What temp do you get the smoker up to and all that good stuff??

Also how bout doing boneless style ribs what temp do you get the smoker up to and what temp do you get the meat up to??

Thanks for all your help!

Thats kind of like asking whats the best ice cream flavor. Everyone has their own opinion.

If you want Good starting advice read the harry soo article on this sight and check out aaron franklin's youtube videos. if your going to get opinions, you might as well get opinions from real Experts.

Wayne-

I would start with this page on the main TVWB site: http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/cook.html#pork. Many, many people swear by the BRITU recipe that's posted there, but Chris has collected several rib recipes, and each has detailed instructions on the entire process (with photos!)

As Charlie said, everyone will likely have their own opinions on what is best. The great thing is that while you figure out what you like best, you are going to get to eat some awesome grub!! :)

Good luck, and post back with questions, results, and pics (we like pics here!!)

Rich

When I cook boneless ribs aka CSR, I wrap in bacon and indirect for 2 hrs and it is like eating Bacon wrapped PULLED PORK.

Baby backs are my personal favs. I cook at 225 - 240. I cook 2-1-1 (or until done), adding a light glaze of barbecue sauce with 30-45 minutes to go. That's just how I do it, I'm sure everybody has their own style, and in time you will develop yours. Enjoy!

Last edited:
The thing about boneless style is they can be cut out of a few things. Most are really lean since they're cut from the loin. I would treat some more like a pork chop. There is a chance they were cut from the Boston butt and that would change things

Back