Quick Question For Ya

S Mitchell

TVWBB Pro
So while I was at the butcher picking up my rib roast the other day, she talked me into buying some fresh polish sausage. I put them on with the roast this morning. I was just wondering, how long will it take to cook the sausages? I was trying to hold the smoker to 200, but it is at 241 now with the vents closed. Merry Christmas!

Well Shane, i've been eetin' kielbasa (Polish sausage) ever since i grew teeth (maybe before that) and i never have done it on the smoker or grill.
In fact, I have 6 pounds ready to cook this morning yet for Christmas Dinner at the in-laws.

The way I make it is easy.
Bring to boil a pot of water with the rascels in it... then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or so.
Then I brown them in another skillet 'til they look incredibly yummy!
Then cut into 2" sections and crockpot'um til dinner time and serve with hot horseradish.

Good luck with however you make yours, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thanks Jim. We have always done em in a similar fashion. I like the horseradish idea! I have some that we are gonna use for the roast, so that will be perfect. I had to pull the roast and put it in the oven cause the smoker won't calm down. Guess I shoulda put some water in the pan. It's a beautiful crisp day with no wind and I guess she just wanted to run hot! It was almost to 300 with the vents closed! Anyway, as long as I have it fired up, I'm gonna see how the sausages turn out. I'll post some pics later!

Mitchell if u want low temps like the 200 u mentioned buy or have a charcoal grate made that will sit below the vents kind of like the smoky joe platinum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S Mitchell:
So while I was at the butcher the other day, she talked me into buying some fresh polish sausage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lady butcher??? She probably could have talked me into more then fresh sausage!

Back