Question for newer ('05+) Performer owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSMcdowell

TVWBB All-Star
How long did it take for you to realize that their is a slot on the back of the frame that holds the cooking grate ? 4 months for me. I just never look back there!

Troy, thank you. You just made me feel a little better! Sorry it's at your expense!

It's on the back panel. If you are looking at the front, you see where it says Weber? It's pretty close to opposite of that on the back. If you don't have access to the back of the grill, it may not be functional.

I was really considering buying a 3rd set of tool holders to hold the grate to go with my 2nd set I already crimped to the lid holder for extra tools (Brush, charcoal tongs, scoop).

Wow, never knew that. I always hung it up on my older performer. Now I have a cast iron grate on the 07' so the slot is useless to me now.

Good find though.

confirmed it last night.
it's such a random slot, i never would have guessed it.

also, the back of my performer is USUALLY against the handrail of my deck.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JSMcdowell:
How long did it take for you to realize that their is a slot on the back of the frame that holds the cooking grate ? 4 months for me. I just never look back there! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two and a half years!!! I never would have noticed. Thanks.

I think I had mine about a year before I figured it out.
icon_rolleyes.gif

How long? Let's see...

I got mine in July of last year. So, that's about 17 months ago. Subtract from that the difference between the solar and lunar calendars, carry the one and...

There's a slot to hold the grate!!! Holy Toledo! You really do learn something every day.

Yeah, that's a sneaky feature. I think I noticed around 4 months in. Not sure.

Even so I will often use the lid holder where the center bracket is. Just can't get all the way behind the Performer - just too far !!
icon_razz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back