Question About Posting

Tom Barineau

TVWBB Super Fan
How the heck do you post a picture on here?? Have one in my downloads but cannot figure out how to get it into a post.

How the heck do you post a picture on here?? Have one in my downloads but cannot figure out how to get it into a post.

Easiest way is to right click the picture (has to be hosted elsewhere), click on "copy image address" or something like that, then in your post put the cursor where you want the pic, click on the insert image icon (2nd icon to the right of the email/text-looking icon).

There's a sticky in the photo gallery that should help:

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?35878-How-do-I-upload-pics-Are-there-instructions-anywhere

In this day and age of terabyte (and beyond) storage drives, is it that much more expensive for a forum to host its own photos?

Not complaining - just wondering.

In this day and age of terabyte (and beyond) storage drives, is it that much more expensive for a forum to host its own photos?

Not complaining - just wondering.

Another site I frequent is built on this same platform and it allows uploads, but depending on the web host, it might be cost prohibitive in terms of bandwidth & storage space, changing certain settings can be difficult/expensive/"impossible" (I speak from experience - I deleted the USPS shipping option on my web store and don't know how to put it back on in that ancient software----I'd just rather re-build my backup/new web store).

That other site (not bbq/food related) requires users to be logged in if they want to see the attached photos. It gives an option: upload from URL, or "upload from URL & Retrieve remote file (from pc) and reference locally"

That other site (not bbq/food related) requires users to be logged in if they want to see the attached photos. It gives an option: upload from URL, or "upload from URL & Retrieve remote file (from pc) and reference locally"

So, if this forum hosted its own photos, then visitors might not be able to see them?

I have a Yahoo account, so I suppose I could post my photos there, but Yahoo's data breach had me rethinking that decision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tom, forgive me for getting off track. This question has gnawed at me for some time, and your thread piked my interest. I hope to see your photos soon. :)

So, if this forum hosted its own photos, then visitors might not be able to see them?

Exactly. Only signed-in members could see the site-hosted pics. There are exceptions I'm sure, and that may become outdated over time, but it's a common solution from what I've seen over the years.

Thanks, Clint, but not worth the trouble IMHO.

Understandable! I post my pics to facebook, then right-click, select image location, then post as usual. The only problem there is some of the pics disappear over time.

I've tried google images....maybe instagram would be easier.

On personal settings here I set up WYSIWYG, what you see is what you get.
All I have to do is right click on an image, click Copy image, then paste it in a post, and it shows up directly.

I'm happy with Google Photos, and my Samsung cell pics auto upload to cloud storage, but if I put them directly here, or other forums, they do not show up for others.
I have to download to my computer, then back up to the cloud storage.

Back