Queso Fundido

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I guess I have been living under a rock. I just learned about this dish and have been asking people about it and it seems everybody has heard of it except me. There seems to be a bunch of variations to this dish so I kind of made it with stuff we already had.

Started out with about 2 lbs Mexican Chorizo and a finely sliced onion.
IMG_1944.jpg

Cubed up about a lb of Monterrey Jack cheese and mixed it in with the chorizo mixture
IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

We had a ham bone that need to be used up so I also made a pot of black bean soup on the kitchen stove. Yes we actually do have a stove in the kitchen but i rarely use it.
IMG_1951.jpg

Added some Mexican blend cheese on top and let it go on top for about 20 minutes.
IMG_1953.jpg

From what I have read it is served on either tortilla chips or corn tortillas, we had it on corn tortillas. Here is a pic of the fundido after we broke into it. This dish is more of an appetizer than a main course but wither way I'm gonna make it again! THANKS for lookin!!
IMG_1954.jpg

Queso fundido looks great!!! I'm surprise that you never heard of this since you live in San Diego...but I have to confess I never had tri-tip or even meatloaf.

After Tony's post I'm afraid to admit that I never heard of it either. But I've only lived in San Diego 30 years. John that looks fantastic! I'm gonna try it!

After Tony's post I'm afraid to admit that I never heard of it either. But I've only lived in San Diego 30 years. John that looks fantastic! I'm gonna try it!

Dale, look at me no tri tip or meat loaf in my life? What's wrong with me?

When I asked my Wife about it she knew what it was too and even said that would be a good dish to make on your grill. You know a person for 20 + years but do you really know them?

Try this,

Have the chorizo ready (cooked) aside you can also use mashrooms grilled peppers at the same time, shred the chesse and place it on youre skillet sprinkle some thinly minced onion on top of the cheese add the toppings like if tou were making a pizza ex. Some chorizzo, strips of roasted pepper and some fresh sliced mushrooms (or grilled) let the cheesse be the main guest.

Place your queso fundido on the grill.

Have some tortillas and salsa ready and enjoy.

Grettings from Mexico!

When I asked my Wife about it she knew what it was too and even said that would be a good dish to make on your grill. You know a person for 20 + years but do you really know them?

That's funny. I'm the exact opposite -- I've had the dish before in a Mexican restaurant but never knew the name until now. I remember the taste being good, but yours looks much better.

I've never heard of it either but it looks delicious! I must admit, I had never heard of tri-tip 'till I joined this forum. Now it's one of my favorite things to cook when I can get it. Nice cook!

John, this looks FABULOUS!!
Had this in San Antonio a few years ago very much how JM Oyarvide depicts it... WONDERFUL!
Never thought of trying to make it.... well, that is UNTIL now! :D

Ain't it GREAT learning new ****!?!!??

John, I have never heard of it either, until I saw yours and let me tell you, that is right up my ally! Thanks for introducing me to it! Can't wait to try it.

Add one more to the list of those who will be making this because of your post, John. Muchas Gracias! I've heard the name before but didn't know what it was. With so many other great things to try, it's hard to just run out and say "what's that". But now that you put it right here in front of me, it's irresistable. I love all the ingredients, so it bacame a no brainer. Did I say "thanks"!?

Rich

Back