Q300 FREE REBUILD

Thanks very much.......it was the rust that concerned me........but I wheeled the rust away.....and will coat top and bottom with oil and do a couple of quick burn ins. I wont be asking much for this Q200......I have spent a little time getting it nice and clean but without a stand these grills are only good for about $75 to $100.....unless of course I buy new grates for it and thats not going to happen with this flipper.
The Qs are excellent grills to own and cook on, but have very bad resell value. I got a cheap Q200, cleaned it up, added a thermometer to lid, painted lid and gifted to my mom. It's a perfect grill for 1-4 people.
I'm not going to bother flipping another one unless I get one for free and close to free. Painting the lid helps with selling it, especially if you go with a color like red or blue.

I agree the lid painting is a real eye catcher! Does the lid have to be sand blasted first of can u paint over the existing finish? I agree flipping Q's doesnt pad the wallet. I am a sucker for a Q with a stand/cart though. I flipped the last one for $200 and all I bought for it was $50 grates.......I will take $150 for some quick cleaning any day

You can paint over the original finish if is in good shape. If it is chipped and cracked and peeling, you will have to strip it. But, it is preferred to not remove the original paint if possible. It makes for a nice base for the new color.

I agree, that these Q grills are great grills, but hard to make much money off of them flipping them. The Q3xx grills are a little better as they go for $400 plus new and there is some room under that for selling rehabs.

Back