Q2xxx Rotisserie from QuliMetal

I don't see me spinning anything, but it's a good time to say thanks for the Char Q again!

Here's one that's available up North for a lot more money.

Thanks Mack! I looked at those but right now I don’t want to spend that much. I had a template from someone on an Aussie forum before these became available so might take on the challenge of building one. Also have lots of scrap SS on hand.
I also feel the QuliMetal one would be better so will wait to see if they sell it in Canada.

QuliMetal asked me to test their new rotisserie, but I shipped off the CharQ and only have the Q1200. Also, I don't think I'd bother spinning anything small enough to fit.

Would anyone like to try it for free?

View attachment 56224

My Q2xx(x) is in the back of the garage right now, mothballed since last year when I found a Q3xxx locally on Craigslist. Easy enough to get it back out and running.

I'd be happy to test this out for you, and then pass it along to the next victim when done. If it performs well I'd have no problem with the current pricing of the product, I'd have one on order pretty quick.

I do a fair amount of rotisserie on my Weber Genesis and a Weber Kettle (I do prefer the kettle, live fire and all).

So, if the offer is still goodI'll bite, and will promise a concise review.

My Q2xx(x) is in the back of the garage right now, mothballed since last year when I found a Q3xxx locally on Craigslist. Easy enough to get it back out and running.

I'd be happy to test this out for you, and then pass it along to the next victim when done. If it performs well I'd have no problem with the current pricing of the product, I'd have one on order pretty quick.

I do a fair amount of rotisserie on my Weber Genesis and a Weber Kettle (I do prefer the kettle, live fire and all).

So, if the offer is still goodI'll bite, and will promise a concise review.
I messaged you to arrange shipping.

And I've responded.

Thanks for the opportunity. I'll try to beat it to death with oversized chickens, 13 bone rib roasts, suckling pigs.

Or whatever might actually fit on it.

Probably do some side by side cooks with the Q and the kettle, let the neighbors judge the results.

Last edited:
Well, twelve days in I can't give a report. No rotisserie has arrived.

Maybe a couple more days.

I can't comment on the Qulimetal units but the Weber units they sell here in Australia are great I have 2, 1 each for the Q320 and the Q1200.
The Q1200 is great for small roasts, beef, chooks, pork etc while the larger unit is tops for multiple roasts, turkey (small by US standards) and pretty much anything much else if I use a cage.

The rotisserie arrived yesterday, I opened it up quick to take a look at the goods. Everything is there, quality looks to be good.

Unfortuneately I just cooked a 5lb corned beef (reubens galore, hash tomorrow morning), and made a large pot of turkey chili (first and last time for turkey chili....).

So, I'll get prepped and ready for the initial spin on both the Q and on the Kettle. Will probably start up a new thread for the endeavor.

You know how you want to say something, but it's better not to?

That's me. No, no progress on the rotisserie as yet, but whole chickens are on sale at the local market for 99 cents a pound. Remember when sale prices, last year, were 39 cents. Oh my.

Anyway, that may happen tomorrow.

But, before that, I hope to be picking up a Craigslist Q3200 Natural Gas not too far from home. No other details on price, etc. But damn.

More tomorrow, and maybe a cook on the Q200x with Qulimetal rotisserie.

Yah, hardly makes sense to put the 2xxx and 1xxx grills on NG. They don't use much gass and are designed to be portable anyway.

Back