Q200 igniter/piezo

Liz QM

TVWBB Member
The igniter in my free Q200 has died.. it slides in and out of the casing and no longer lights. It’s a UK version, there seems to be a number of part 12 parts, which one should I go for? I would say it’s a snap fit one, or maybe the last one on the list?
The Q was from around 2006 or 2007.

Attachments

• IMG_2688.jpeg
    IMG_2688.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 3
I just replaced the electronic (battery) igniter on a Q1200 today with an old school Piezo. I had two electronic ones and could get neither to fire. I decided to quit tormenting myself and just stick a piezo in there. Fired off first push and I expect it to the next 875 times I push it.

I just replaced the electronic (battery) igniter on a Q1200 today with an old school Piezo. I had two electronic ones and could get neither to fire. I decided to quit tormenting myself and just stick a piezo in there. Fired off first push and I expect it to the next 875 times I push it.
I wasn’t sure which one to go for so I contacted Weber and a new igniter kit is on the way.

I did the same as Bruce on my Q320 rehab, and the piezo works great! No batteries to worry about any more, simple is better.

The new piezo ignitor kit has arrived with a very thorough instruction manual. Pouring down with rain today so hoping nice and dry at the weekend and I can install it.

As long as it's raining you can now easily test that piezo. Make sure your good and wet, hold your finger on the end and click it to make sure the new igniter is working :D

Back