Q1200 stand

Scott-Nolajoins

I was just curious what you Q1200 owners use for your stand / table. When I ordered mine, I thought the non-collapsable stand for the 2000 series would work. I was incredibly disappointed to find only the flimsy portable stand worked for mine. I ordered it but returned it right away. I have now ordered a stainless table to set it on when its at home.

Used the bottom of a old Stainless Char- Broil Grill to bolt my Q 2000 on. I cook on the 22" Kettle or my Smokey Joe during warm weather. I have a Q1200 and a Genesis Silver B out in the shop that's heated, and cook out there if to cold.

Attachments

• IMG_20210823_191037505.jpg
    IMG_20210823_191037505.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 11
The pics above were from offerup.

Here's another from @Rich Dahl

Welcome to the forum, Scott.
I bought my Q 1200 and the portable cart five years ago. I use them for tailgating, traveling, an emergency backup, etc and I really like the setup.

Scott, there was an Amazon review where the purchaser rigged the Q2000 cart to work with the Q1000 grill. Here is the review:

"Bought this for Weber Q1000 grill. They are correct to say it only fits the 2000 model. We modified the cart by adding a support made out of Poplar wood because it machines and paints well. The piece is fabricated to slope on the bottom and follow the shape of the cart side rails. A flat piece of wood, say a 1x4 could also be used if it was shimmed under the board and bolted with washers to keep it in place. The sloped piece we made needs only one 1/4" bolt on each end and does not require shims. Simple furniture leg pads with one side cut out were attached to the new support rail to trap the rear feet of the grill to keep it from shifting on the cart. Use fender washers between the nuts and plastic cart frame for added strength. Satin black paint will best match the cart for color and sheen."

WeberQ1000-Q2000Cart_1.png
WeberQ1000-Q2000Cart_2.png

thanks for the replies and welcomes gang. Great ideas above. I actually still have an old grill that I was about to strip for parts (my mom has the same model so I will give her grates and such). I will see if the measurements make a project possible before chunking the base. I absolutely love the way the stationary Weber cart looks. Good stuff.

Back