Q grates

I’ve been using Libman brass brushes for a very long time.

Last edited:
Main%20image_3.jpg

Thanks all. Bruno, I have a similar brass brush that I have been using. Dealer said only use a plastic type brush or you will scrape the porcelain finish off.

Hi Steve. I use the brass brush occasionally if they are really bad but worry about the wires coming out and getting in the food. Usually I only use this wooden scraper. It was straight on the end originally but wore down to the shape of the grates. Mine is cedar and is thin so I can get between the rods as well. Much safer and kinder to the porcelain.
D1192978-571B-4A2F-A71F-E413532D97F4.jpegCEDBD387-885D-4768-A46B-991762F76A01.jpegA32E7C2E-6096-479C-B151-F0F3505D0CC6.jpeg

My new go-to.... (for all of my grill grates, BTW)

tongs.jpg

brillo.jpg

lock those tongs with the steel wool pad in them and scrape away on the grate when it's hot. Works like a charm and not as much worry about the bristles in the food.

Somehow that does not seem as safe as a quality brush. My experience is the brushes I have had trouble with are any el cheapo, all wooden ones (even Weber). I have never lost a bristle from a Libman brush. I think the way they're set in the plastic they'll never come out

And of course Menards has it and HD does not...why im not surprised about HD 😱
Will be a while before ill visit family in Michigan. I got drip pans and now this brush on the list next time im going to MI and go to Menards. Thanks guys, this forum is great. 👍

Hmm this Amazon ones are expensive, I’ll have to buy a few more next time I see them at the store. $8.99, my wife makes fun of me because I come home with one every time I go.

Here in Georgia, HD and Lowes seem to be oriented more towards constructions type things.
Last time i was in Menards in MI they had trains sets for children and/or adults. No way will see anything like that at HD over here. Also Ace in MI they have an entire section of model airplanes and trains that can go in thousands of $$$, over here in GA they have lots of grills and tons of Stihl brand weed eaters and leaf blowers.
I could spend hours in Menards looking at stuff lol

Last edited:

Back