Q cart tank hanger strap w/clasp

Chris in GA

TVWBB Pro
Hi guys, are you using the Q cart tank hanger strap w/clasp on the 3200 series, part #65633. is it useful, does it help with anything, anyone had issues in the wind or was the tank knocked over without, is it a must ? looking for owners that have experience with it.

Chris,

I have a strap on my cart. If you aren't moving the grill around at all it probably is not needed. If you do move your cart even some, it certainly helps keep a heavy, full LP tank stable.

I haven't come across one of those newer carts in the wild yet. Are they really better than the older style with the solid grey shroud instead of the black mesh?

I only have a 3200 not sure what the older one is like. My 3200 does not have the strap. Based on ereplacements and some others there is some incompatibility between cart models/years. I think there is less info in general about the Q models compared to Genesis. Weber schematics have helped some.

Chris, I have the strap on my Q3200 and I agree with Jon, it is pretty wobbly without it fastened. I would probably make one with a good buckle or velcro on it. The Weber one has come unbuckled on mine a couple of times when I was moving it on the lawn where it was rougher. Never on the deck though.

Bruce, I have my Q220 on the patio stand with the grey shield. It did not have one when I bought it used because the owner said it blew away. I replaced it and use a full length cover to prevent this so have not had issues. My Q3200 has the black mesh and is usually uncovered and I have had no issues with it blowing away. I do find I can access the tank shutoff valve from the front easier on the black mesh one though.

Hope this helps, Richard.

Richard, did you buy another new shield for the grey one? If so, where did you get it and how much?

Bruce, I purchased it from Weber as I could not find it anywhere else here in Canada. I don't remember how much, and it would be Canadian $ anyway. It wasn't cheap but I wanted it. lol
And that was before I bought the Q3200 or I probably would not have bought the Q220 with the patio stand.

Thanks Richard. Not too bad, but a little pricey for part that isn't required probably.

The front shield, seems to me, is pretty much just for looks. I picked up to older Q300s, one with and one without. Since one would be on my sister’s porch, she got the shroud while the other is going out to our church property in the wild interior of the state. Since that one is basically in a commercial setting looks don’t matter that much and it is one less thing to break or have to clean.

The piece that holds the tank on those older Q300s DOES seem important to me. Interestingly, one grill I got had a metal holder (rusted) while the second - presumably newer - had a plastic one (not as strong). On the newer Q3200, as noted by others above, Weber ditched the holder in favor of just a strap attached to a base holder for the tank. If you move your grill at all, I really think you need something. An improvised replacement might even be better - and probably a lot cheaper- than buying another strap/buckle from Weber.

Thanks for the input guys.
So happen I was at Ace yesterday and they had the 3200 assembled with the strap. Really is just a piece of cloth with a clip. Im pretty sure i can make something similar. Just a regular tie strap should work for now. Ill get a permanent solution.

Back