Q 3something

Just bumped into my neighbor that was interested in the Q. I showed him where I'm at with it and explain to him that the grapes were in bad condition. The most recent picture in this thread has been looking decent but if you look close you can see sound bars are getting thin and large pits. I told him all of this and he didn't care he said "Looks good, $150 right".

I told him since I really wasn't happy with the greats he could have it for $120. At that point he stuck his hand and wanted to shake$120. Told me he'd be by tomorrow with money and pick it up. So as of tomorrow I will no longer have a Q.

Time to find another one Jason. Now you have an idea what new grates would cost so it will be easier to figure out how much to pay for it. Better yet, just find one for yourself. THey are great quick cook grills an perfect for portable situations. (the Q1xx and Q2xx that is).

This just popped up but I need to thin The Herd before I grab more. I would like to cook on one at some point. When I was seasoning the grates on the 300 I liked how it heated up. And I like the idea of two zone on the big Q but it really isn't portable. I think if I was to get one for myself it have to be smaller with the fold down cart.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to add the link when I said this

Check out this Weber Q1000 Titanium Gas Grill for $45 on OfferUp https://offerup.co/Q2BKhyYMHV

Yah, if you have to replace the grates, not such a great deal. Need more photos.

We have a thread where there was some discussion about the pros and cons of this grill. It might be helpful. My own opinion is that they are kind of an ugly duckling.

I thought someone posted it in the I'll just leave this here thread. That's where I first learned about those. Then while at Costco I stopped and gave it a closer look. But I don't recall a thread with a good review and user experience on one.

Seemed like the reviews were mediocre and a number of complaints about the fact that it didn't offer a hose connection to a 20lb tank. I like the separate two-burner set-up better than the Q3200 but overall I would way rather have a Q.

Back