Q 320 rehab

John Ford

TVWBB Pro
Found a Q320 with unopened tank for $70.
Had been uncovered outside for years. Moss growing on stand , no igniter or light. Lid paint pealing in places. Grates in good condition. Cleaned grates with Easy-Off, body itch some purple cleaner. Scraped loose paint off then sanded Grey paint. Replaced ignition & new LED light. Painted with caliper paint. As I already had a Red Genesis & a Red Q 220 I painted Red!

Attachments

• 69C79AC4-3813-4F56-8EC2-5FCC2F745ED0.jpeg
    69C79AC4-3813-4F56-8EC2-5FCC2F745ED0.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 27
Found a Q320 with unopened tank for $70.
Had been uncovered outside for years. Moss growing on stand , no igniter or light. Lid paint pealing in places. Grates in good condition. Cleaned grates with Easy-Off, body itch some purple cleaner. Scraped loose paint off then sanded Grey paint. Replaced ignition & new LED light. Painted with caliper paint. As I already had a Red Genesis & a Red Q 220 I painted Red!
Very nice!! Love my Q-320 I’m doing some chicken on it now!!

I decided yesterday to purchase a WeberQ 3200 to add to my BBQ Arsenal, however, the only two(2) Costa Rican Authorized Weber Dealerships stated that there are none in their inventory but will have some around May 01, 2021. They do have in-stock the Weber Q's 1200 and 2200 but I really like that 3200 with that heavy-duty cart and two burners. Decisions, Decisions????

Hey Richard, drive on up to Illinois for the Midwest TVWBB Grill Meet on June 19th and I will hook you up with a good deal on a rehabbed one.

Yah, I know it is a bit of a drive for you, but the wife will probably be happy to have you out of the house for a couple weeks anyway.
t0sG1c6.jpg

Wait for the Q3xx. It is a much more versatile grill and if you settle for less now, you will probably regret it later on. The Q1xxx and Q2xxx are great grills as well, but they have size and versatility limitations that the Q3xxx grills don't have. So, if you think you will be able to take advantage of those extra features and space, then wait.

I decided yesterday to purchase a WeberQ 3200 to add to my BBQ Arsenal, however, the only two(2) Costa Rican Authorized Weber Dealerships stated that there are none in their inventory but will have some around May 01, 2021. They do have in-stock the Weber Q's 1200 and 2200 but I really like that 3200 with that heavy-duty cart and two burners. Decisions, Decisions????
I presently have a q220 & q 320
For a fixed location the 320 is better, We actually take me the 220 to tailgates

Hey Richard, drive on up to Illinois for the Midwest TVWBB Grill Meet on June 19th and I will hook you up with a good deal on a rehabbed one.

Yah, I know it is a bit of a drive for you, but the wife will probably be happy to have you out of the house for a couple weeks anyway.
t0sG1c6.jpg

Wait for the Q3xx. It is a much more versatile grill and if you settle for less now, you will probably regret it later on. The Q1xxx and Q2xxx are great grills as well, but they have size and versatility limitations that the Q3xxx grills don't have. So, if you think you will be able to take advantage of those extra features and space, then wait.
Bruce: I don't own a car down here and my license to drive expired around ten(10) years ago. My other option to get to your place would be to hire a taxi; maybe not cost effective but on the positive side I really could pick-up some BBQ Tips from you via live demonstrations. Anyhow, thanx to you and others who replied to this thread and I Hopefully I will have a new WeberQ 3200 added to my BBQ Arsenal in the very near future.

Richard, it sounds like you have it going on down there just fine. But, we will miss you at the meet in June.

Back