Putting Fatties to work

John Letourneau

Hi all,
Well I'm here reading all about fatties; something I have not tried yet but will very soon. I got to think'n [I know, so dangerous an activity so early in the morning] wouldn't it be reasonable to use a few of them on the top rack, auto-basting a brisket or butt on the lower rack?

Anyone experiment with this before? [like basting is ever needed on these things
icon_wink.gif
]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Letourneau:
Hi all,
Well I'm here reading all about fatties; something I have not tried yet but will very soon. I got to think'n [I know, so dangerous an activity so early in the morning] wouldn't it be reasonable to use a few of them on the top rack, auto-basting a brisket or butt on the lower rack?

Anyone experiment with this before? [like basting is ever needed on these things
icon_wink.gif
] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't say I have tried this on purpose, so I really couldn't say that it works.

But the more meat you add to your cooker the more humidity you will add which some folks say leads to moister meat.

Sure enough Rich. Although my thoughts were more towards the dripping fat from the top rack slathering the meat on the lower rack...bringing along some of its flavors while it was at it.

We may have embarked on a whole new area of research !!!
icon_eek.gif

Signature...thanks!

Actually this is the relationship I have with my brother in law. Man loves to fish [flounder typically when we vacation at the beach] and does the filleting. And I LOVE to cook, so the only reason to be married to his sister...oh wait, she might read this. lol

Back