Pulled the trigger - my wife's reaction

jmbaute

How much was it?
$1200.
You're getting rid of some of the other grills and smokers, right?
Yes.
Good answer.

Now I have to at least make some disappear off the porch. I'm not getting rid of the kettle, that's a cold, dead hand proposition. And my vintage SS performer is in bad shape so maybe I'll hide that one until I can refurb. That is a classic and I'm not parting with it, either. The mini tamale pot "WSM" should be able to be hidden in the shed - don't use it much, but that thing is great...burns almost no fuel and is perfect for feeding 2 people. But little $$ invested there so it could go?Weber Q is supposed to be for tailgating/camping but I have it outside for veggies/sides while I use the kettle. So I don't have to get rid of that one...but maybe the extra capacity of the EX-6 will eliminate the need to have it out in plain view. So, garage for it. I don't think she knows about the Smokey Joe 18, or at least knows it is different than the 14", so I can probably hide that too, and if I bring it out camping she'll just be glad I brought it.

That leaves the WSM. I've had that as long as I've been reading this website, I think almost 20 years. Hoping that this thing proves reliable enough to "replace" the WSM but that will have to be proven. So if it is, I'll give the WSM to my brother and visit it on holidays.

(I'm probably keeping them all).

Lol. I love this post. I have the same issues here. My wife is always trying to get me to get rid of some of my Webers. I did recently acquire a platypus performer and then sold my Crimson gas assist performer and a Smokey Joe to a buddy who needed a new grill for home and a grill for his new camper.

So now I'm down to 9 instead of 10 Webers. But, I really want a 14 WSM now, so I might be selling my SS red performer once I make some small repairs and clean it up.

I really liked having 10 Webers. It was such a nice perfect number. Lol

I'm showing my wife this thread. She thinks "you've lost your damn mind" because I have 3 kettles, a 22 WSM, a Genesis gasser(5 years old I think), and now want a Smokefire.

I keep telling her I need more, but she thinks I'm crazy. Maybe this thread will prove how low key I really am when it comes to my "outdoor cooking" collection

Of course I made the mistake once of pointing out how many pairs of shoes and boots she owns. I didn't get laid for a month after that.

My wife even has 15 Christmas trees that we put up every year. That's my counter at this point. She's trying to say that doesn't count because they are only up for a month out of the year. Lol. I probably need to use both of my go anywhere grills too. I bought them several months ago and haven't used either yet.

How much was it?
$1200.
You're getting rid of some of the other grills and smokers, right?
Yes.
Good answer.

Now I have to at least make some disappear off the porch. I'm not getting rid of the kettle, that's a cold, dead hand proposition. And my vintage SS performer is in bad shape so maybe I'll hide that one until I can refurb. That is a classic and I'm not parting with it, either. The mini tamale pot "WSM" should be able to be hidden in the shed - don't use it much, but that thing is great...burns almost no fuel and is perfect for feeding 2 people. But little $$ invested there so it could go?Weber Q is supposed to be for tailgating/camping but I have it outside for veggies/sides while I use the kettle. So I don't have to get rid of that one...but maybe the extra capacity of the EX-6 will eliminate the need to have it out in plain view. So, garage for it. I don't think she knows about the Smokey Joe 18, or at least knows it is different than the 14", so I can probably hide that too, and if I bring it out camping she'll just be glad I brought it.

That leaves the WSM. I've had that as long as I've been reading this website, I think almost 20 years. Hoping that this thing proves reliable enough to "replace" the WSM but that will have to be proven. So if it is, I'll give the WSM to my brother and visit it on holidays.

(I'm probably keeping them all).
Classic response! I admit, I gave in to the pressure to purge my collection before we moved last year. Sold the Q, a 22 kettle, the WSM and a Blackstone pizza oven. Now I get grief for the lack of brisket and pulled pork/chicken. When I do decide to pull the trigger on a pellet grill, there will be no objections. :sneaky:

2020 F150 FX4 on order? :cool:
I sounded good for a minute!
she wants an Expedition for the kids. So we haven’t pulled the trigger. I do have a couple of F-150’s already but no, not the FX4.I think once I get her in for a test drive she’ll change her mind. How do you like your bed cover, I’m trying to sell her on that, does it keep out moisture?

Last edited:
Well that's the agreement I made with my wife to get our Camp Chef. Our herd of ten Weber's would have to be down sized. Now like some of you I can't put up a smoke screen or hid some grills. Why, because she uses them all and is a forum member, so I stand no chance of getting away with any trickery.
So far it's going to be the skyline, a nice green silver B the 18.5 WSM and probably the 1985 genesis 2. We both agree the performer and the Genesis 2000 I bought new in 1998 and the Genesis E320 NG stay (our summer outside oven). The mini I built probably isn't worth much so I will keep it as a backup to the Camp Chef. I can park that in my charcoal shed.

Well that's the agreement I made with my wife to get our Camp Chef. Our herd of ten Weber's would have to be down sized. Now like some of you I can't put up a smoke screen or hid some grills. Why, because she uses them all and is a forum member, so I stand no chance of getting away with any trickery.
So far it's going to be the skyline, a nice green silver B the 18.5 WSM and probably the 1985 genesis 2. We both agree the performer and the Genesis 2000 I bought new in 1998 and the Genesis E320 NG stay (our summer outside oven). The mini I built probably isn't worth much so I will keep it as a backup to the Camp Chef. I can park that in my charcoal shed.
Your a blessed man Rich, Barb sounds like a great woman.

Back