Pulled Pork: My First Over-Nightter

Scott in CT

TVWBB Member
I have been telling JimK that I was going to do my first over-night smoke for months now, but I always find an excuse to chicken out. Well, this past weekend, i ran out of excuses and finally went through with it. I thought I was going to be up for hours battling temps, etc, etc. I am pleased to say, it was much easier then I had anticipated. Once I got the temps tuned in, they stayed stable for hours. I had to add some charcoal and water in the early am, but that is fine. Thank goodness for my wireless probe! All I had to do over night was take a peek at that once in a while to make sure everything was still good. Too bad the signal doesn't reach over to my bedroom, then I wouldn't have to get up at all!

Total Smoke Time: 14 hours

Here are a couple pics....

PulledPork2.jpg

PulledPork3.jpg

Looks good scott. Thats what i thought 3 years ago but with the help and guidance from others here its been for the most part pretty effortless.

Great job Scott!

Losing a little sleep is a fair trade for a meal that looks that good.

I'm not sure what temp control you have, but here's a link to modify the Maverick for a better signal.
Maverick Mod

Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom P:
Great job Scott!

I'm not sure what temp control you have, but here's a link to modify the Maverick for a better signal.
Maverick Mod

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom,

The link only went back to the main page of the forum. Another link would be great.

Thanks
Victor

Thanks Guys!
I will definitely do this one again!

I have the Maverick ET-7 with 2 probes. I love it, but the signal is pretty weak in my house. I will search for the mod mentioned above, but a link would be great. One more thing, since we're on the subject, does anyone have a suggestion on a thermometer that could beep at a certain high temp, as well as a certain low temp?

Thanks again!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by V Raczka:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom P:
Great job Scott!

Maverick Mod

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom,

The link only went back to the main page of the forum. Another link would be great.

Thanks
Victor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here you go.

Bill

Scott, that does look good. I like my slaw on the side the wife likes hers on top .. Butt, you gotta build that sammich "UP", like Larry does
icon_biggrin.gif

2009-09-06111.jpg

Bill
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Hays:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by V Raczka:
Great job Scott!

Maverick Mod

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom,

Thanks
Victor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here you go.

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was a better discussion on this topic but I don't know if it's still stored/available. The person actually soldered in an antenna because there was no antenna to unwind. There were pictures of the correct hole on the circuit board and the diameter of the wire . . .

If you really want to tinker with your ET-73 find that thread.

Actually, if your experience is anything like mine, you'll get you wsm dialed in and you won't even need to monitor it. I do overnights now all the time without my ET-73. I get up once or twice during the night and check the unit - not a big deal because it's not that uncommon for me to get up during the night.

So, Scott, I may have missed it, but did you include an address and a time for us to come over for a nosh???

My Maverick also is useless i my bedroom, and Ill try that antenna trick. The on/off switch broke ages ago and I turn a battery backward to turn it off. And why, for Petey's sake, is the on/off switch on the transmitter in the battery compartment??!!??

Back