Pulled for a bday party

Looks great I just picked up a shoulder to smoke for pulled pork tomorrow. How many people you planning to feed and how much weight was it?
It was suppose to be enough for 50. It was a double pack from Costco. Before cook it was about 17lbs. Didn’t weigh after cook. I think there was right at 50 or more people. There was enough for people to have seconds, that wanted it. And it was all gone.

It was suppose to be enough for 50. It was a double pack from Costco. Before cook it was about 17lbs. Didn’t weigh after cook. I think there was right at 50 or more people. There was enough for people to have seconds, that wanted it. And it was all gone.
Thanks so much! I am thinking about doing pulled pork for our soccer tournament in a few weeks. You have me thinking/confident 2 shoulders should be enough.

Well I usually over do it…plus we always serve it to make sure it stretches if need be. To many little ones overfill their plate then don’t eat it…plus amazingly a lot of the ladies don’t or won’t eat very much…the guys on the other hand would eat too much….and yeah it’s a go to for crowds for me too. I probably do a least 2-3 times a year for people who ask, for it. That’s not counting what we do ourselves.

Back