Pulled Beef its what's for dinner!

Dan Krause

TVWBB Fan
Cooked up some chuck roast on the smoker to make my first attempt at pulled beef. It took longer than I thought it would to get it to the tender stage but it was well worth it. I almost like it more than pulled pork.

Here are the pics, enjoy!

PulledBeef09-18-1001.jpg

PulledBeef09-18-1003.jpg

PulledBeef09-18-1011.jpg

PulledBeef09-18-1012.jpg

PulledBeef09-18-1013.jpg

PulledBeef09-18-1014.jpg

PulledBeef09-18-1015.jpg

PulledBeef09-18-1016.jpg

PulledBeef09-18-1019.jpg

PulledBeef09-18-1020.jpg

It was definitely worth the wait but I already have plans to make it better.

Looks good Dan!

Have not tryed PB but after all posts about it i have to try.

Thx for sharing

Making pulled beef had never crossed my mind until I read about it on this forum. I am so glad I tried it. Now to get my hands on a whole chuck roll.

Excellent looking cook! some questions for you if you don't mind...

1- what is that attached to the bottom vent? Is that one of those auto blowers to help increase temp when it drops too low?

2- what did you season with?

3- how long did that take and what temp range were you looking at?

Thank you!

I'm late to this one too
icon_frown.gif
. Great looking beef! I've been meaning to slow cook and pull a chuck roast or something for awhile. Got to get off my duff--thanks for the reminder and the post!

For pulled beef, what are people doing? Temperature, approx. time for cook, foil at some point in the cook, etc.? I have a chuck in the freezer, but I haven't done pulled beef in years. Seems like I cooked it like a low-heat brisket last time and foiled it at some point, but I just don't remember. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am going to chuck roast again today. I got a 2 pack from Sam's Club. I made sure I got a pack with 2 chucks that were very close in size and shape. I just seasoned with rub about an hour ago with the Armadillo Willy's Rub that I found on this website under cooking topics on the discussion about how to cook a Chuck Roll.

1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup non-iodized table salt
1/4 cup paprika
1 TBSP freshly ground black pepper
1 TBSP granulated garlic
1 TBSP onion powder
1-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp crushed fennel seed
1/2 tsp ground coriander

Meat is foiled and waiting in the fridge. At around 11 am today I will start prepping my cook area and the WSM. I am going to use a high heat method. Going to take the WSM up to about 300 to 350ish. Throw in the meat. Let it cook till about 180 to 185ish. Put in a tinfoil pan with some liquid (probably tomato sauce and water with large sliced of onion lining the bottom of pan). Cover with tinfoil and put it back in the hot WSM. Sometime around 195ish I will start to check for doneness using the stick a fork in it and twist method. Pull when done and let it rest for about 20 to 30 minutes. I expect to be serving sometime around 6:30 to 7:00 tonight.

PulledBeef10-02-1021.jpg

PulledBeef10-02-1025.jpg

Today it is going to be apple and pecan because I was lazy and did not go out and pick up anything new. I really wanted to try and oak plus something new combination.

This looks great and something I need to try soon. I have never had a pulled beef SW but it looks like I will love it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim L.:
1- what is that attached to the bottom vent? Is that one of those auto blowers to help increase temp when it drops too low?
Thank you! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.
It's a fan that's connected to the DigiQ made by the BBQGuru folks

Back