Proud owner of a new 18.5" WSM!

RichieNJ

TVWBB Fan
Picked up at Lowes. Last one they had. Can't wait to break it in this weekend.
1533AE4D-5E01-42D3-91D1-7EF4CA7D8C49.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Annnnticcccpaaaaatiiooonnnn......... It's always so cool to get the last one of something.

Ice down the cold beer before cutting the tape (but I bet you've already looked at that bad boy in the box).

Don't lift the lid...

Annnnticcccpaaaaatiiooonnnn......... It's always so cool to get the last one of something.

Ice down the cold beer before cutting the tape (but I bet you've already looked at that bad boy in the box).

Don't lift the lid...

Ahhhhh yes. I had them open it up to make are it was the newest version.
I'm going to assemble it tonight. I've been wanting one for so damn long. I was flip flopping between the 18 and 14". At some point in the spring I would like to attempt a small sucking pig and figured that I would be better off with the 18"
Oh. And beers in the fridge.
4DC714CC-A6D4-4E75-A555-BF06769CDBA1.jpg

Congrats, you are going to love it. Whats first on the menu?

Good question. I'm thinking a pork butt. Possibly some Chicken. I'll have a better idea when I hit the butcher on Friday. It's supposed to rain but that won't stop me.

Looks like you got the right machine and the right beverage...my advise would be to have fun and enjoy the food.

I've only used mine one time but it was so easy. Ribs were great. Im sure others will agree about the next statement. Get a maverick remote thermometer. I had the top vent all the way open and controlled the temp just using one bottom vent. 3/4 open would slowly bring temp up.Taking it down to 1/4 open would slowly cool it off. That's all I need to know lol!

Oh what you've just got yourself into... you will never stop thinking of the possibilities now... I should know, I'm a fellow sufferer. But fear not, you are amongst friends. Lol

Last edited:

Back