Propane vs Natural Gas Experiences Requested

Yep if you gotta go LP than that's what you gotta do. If you have gas into your house though and any way of getting it outside to the grilling area it's the ONLY way to fly. So much nicer to not have to worry about a bottle that might not make it through a longer cook and leave you "cold"

I have 3x20lb propane tanks just for that reason. I can easily run gas to where I need it. I just have to figure out the conversion or try and flog my 10 month old grill for as little loss as possible.

Ted, I have 3 also and its more than reasonable to refill them at my ace. Since I brew beer have a burner just for that so its on my ground level as I have paver's since I have a pool so I brew down there. Got a tank hooked up to the 1000 which is on the deck and 2 tanks on the ground level so when I need to brew just grab one of them. I am lucky my Ace is 5 miles away so not a great chore to get them refilled.

Since I did a Weber performer which has gas assist will probably buy the connection down the road that will hook it up to a 20 pound tank and again the performer is ground level. I get the people who have nat gas as you never run out but if you have multiple stuff you want to hook up it does not work.

Funny story or maybe not used to live in Cape Cod grilled year round and I had a nat gas grill and yes it was nice never ran out of gas. So one night in December grilled some steaks went to eat, those days I let the grill run after the cook then cleaned it which I do the reverse now wait till the next time I use it. So the wife and I had no kids in those days probably knocked down a few bottles of wine went to bed. That night it snowed about a foot, came out the next morning looking over the back yard with the snow then looked at the grill no snow, forgot to shut it off ran all night so of course it was clean.

Yep if you gotta go LP than that's what you gotta do. If you have gas into your house though and any way of getting it outside to the grilling area it's the ONLY way to fly. So much nicer to not have to worry about a bottle that might not make it through a longer cook and leave you "cold"

Will LP grills accept small gas bottles for emergency situations with a major modification?

It is VERY easy to hook multiple devices to one gas line. I have mine set up to run 2 at once. As long as you run a large enough supply to it. I taped off the 1" supply brought it down to 3/4" ran it up from under the deck. Easily supplies both the Wolf and a NG Weber with no issues. Will never go back to LP for main grilling. Yeah the garage queens use LP but I run them so seldom it's fine. But day in day out NG all the way. As for leaving the grill on all night it can happen just a easily on LP as NG BUT LP will run out NG will not. I would just as soon have the not run out option

Back