Propane Fuel Level Sticker - Where to Find??

MatthewS

TVWBB Member
I am currently conducting a full tear-down rehab of a (new to me) 1997 Genesis 1000 LP Blk. The sticker that indicates empty-full is looking a bit tired, cracked, etc. I am having a bit of trouble find a replacement stick online or anything to take it's place.

Does anyone have any advice on where to find one, or what you did in it's place? Thanks!

Edited: Here's the image

YP5hZnu.jpg

Last edited:
Could you possibly take a picture of the OLD one so we have a better understanding of the label your looking for thanks..!!!

You should contact Jon Tofte on that. If not, I have some that he sent me and I could put one or two in an envelope and send to you.

Jason, touch bases with Jon then. If not, like I said, I could spare a couple that he sent me.

Hey guys. Sorry I have been on a short vacation with no real access to post.

I do have some decals, both the fuel level gauge and the warning label that goes on the tank scale. I will be happy to share some for just my cost and postage. Private message me if you are needing one or two. I had them printed by a friend, and so far the one in my Skyline has held up fine.

Question: Does anyone have a sure-fire way to remove the old fuel and caution stickers without having to do much "body work" to the painted piece afterward (i.e. sand and paint)? For example, can you get behind it with a straight edge razor and peel it off? (which I highly doubt)

Also: I have several vinyl sheets imprinted with the decal(s). I am also happy to share in a similar regard. PM me if interested.

Question: Does anyone have a sure-fire way to remove the old fuel and caution stickers without having to do much "body work" to the painted piece afterward (i.e. sand and paint)? For example, can you get behind it with a straight edge razor and peel it off? (which I highly doubt)

Also: I have several vinyl sheets imprinted with the decal(s). I am also happy to share in a similar regard. PM me if interested.

I would soak them good with some Goo Gone or similar and then use a green scrubby to get them off. I don't think they were made out of true vinyl back then and I think the sticker will soak up the goo gone fine. You still might want to try to get as much as possible off with a razor scraper first though.

Jon did you lay down a coat of clear on the decals b4 you installed? And did your friend print them on paper or vinyl? Just curious. Thx

My friend is a professional printer. He printed them on a vinyl decal type paper. I can't promise how long they will last, but they do seem a lot better than things I have made on my inkjet and sprayed over with a clear coat.

I have somehow:rolleyes: misplaced my decals at the moment. Can't figure out why they would be hard to find in my overflowing piles of grill related stuff:eek:! Anyway, I will be looking hard to locate them. Those of you who have asked, please bear with me. Or sounds like maybe TonyS T-Bone can help you out quicker.

My friend is a professional printer. He printed them on a vinyl decal type paper. I can't promise how long they will last, but they do seem a lot better than things I have made on my inkjet and sprayed over with a clear coat.

I have somehow:rolleyes: misplaced my decals at the moment. Can't figure out why they would be hard to find in my overflowing piles of grill related stuff:eek:! Anyway, I will be looking hard to locate them. Those of you who have asked, please bear with me. Or sounds like maybe TonyS T-Bone can help you out quicker.
Would love a decal for propane if you fou d any. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I happen to be looking for this decal also.I just redid my 1996 Weber I purchased new. can someone post a good photo straight on, if i cant buy one i might be able to cut it and layer white and black vinyl .thanks

You should contact Jon Tofte on that. If not, I have some that he sent me and I could put one or two in an envelope and send to you.
Hi Bruce do you still have tank level/scale labele available? I'm restoring my 1993 Weber Spirit 700 and it could use a new tank level label, which I've attached a picture of it. Let me know, thank you Todd Anderson

Attachments

• Tank Scale Decal.jpg
    Tank Scale Decal.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 2
If you're able to print your own then here's the template that was done by another member...

You can also find other templates here...

Back