Problems with Tel-Tru Thermometers ?

Steve Pearson

Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems with the Tel-Tru BQ-300 with 2" probe ? I went through four of them (my wife says five...frankly I've forgotten) and they all experienced the exact same problem. They'd work fine right out of the box and then after 4 or 5 cooks, they would "stick" at exactly 200 degrees. The folks from Tel-Tru were absolutely GREAT during this whole thing. I've never worked with a better QA and/or Customer Service Dept. In the end they suggested there might be an issue with the proximity of the probe to the lid (still haven't figured THAT one out...but what the ****). Anyway, they ended up replacing all of my thermometers with 2" probes with the 4" probe models. So far, so good. All of the thermometers have 4 or 5 cooks on them and they seem to be doing fine. Just curious if anyone else has had problems like this ? BTW, just to REemphasis, the Tel-Tru people were outstanding in helping me get this problem resolved, so no slam on Tel-Tru from my corner.

I've had that same model w/ a 4" probe for a few yrs, never had a problem on gettin stuck @ 200° that I ever noticed.

Tim

Back