Problem with Weber regulators

Jim McKelvey

TVWBB All-Star
I've had two leakers in a row, where the black coupler attaches to the regulator. Weber CS even admitted they have a problem but no recall or anything? Anyone have an issue?

I had a lot of leaking hoses as well. Some more and some less. And when you look at Amazon reviews it seems to be a common problem. And not just with original Weber parts. I meanwhile turn off the propane tank after every use.

Thanks all. These are leakers straight out of the box. I too turn off the tank after every use, just that I'm on 10 plus years with the gasser and never had an issue until the last two. Seems to be another QC issue with Weber... Hopefully they fix it.

yes it helps to turn off the tank after using.. keeps the pressure off the hose...

Actually it shouldn't. If done according to directions burners off first than tank, then the hose should maintain pressure. It's also why the instructions recommend turn tank on first than burner(s). The whole idea is so when you try to start the grill it doesn't take a huge gulp of propane and trip the OPV device in the tank or regulator. The reason some tell you to turn off the tank is so IF the hose were to become damaged it would not spew out LP in an uncontrolled manner

I have rehabbed about 50 grills over the last few years. I don't recall any being leaky. I have replaced several because they had old style connectors or quick connects on them, but none due to leaks. And none of the inexpensive generic ones that I have bought to replace them have had leaks either. I did have one couple call to say the hose was leaking but I had them disconnect and reconnect it from the tank and that solved that problem. It could be that the place that Weber was sourcing their hoses from had a bad batch, but I haven't heard of it being a big problem otherwise.

Dredging this old thread up...another regulator leak. Appreciate any additional / new insights from those that are more familiar with parts. I'd post a video, but my file is MP4 which I guess does not work...basically slight twist of the regulator piece - which frequently happens when tightening / loosening coupler and propane comes flooding out.

If it is at a seam that cannot be tightened or resealed, then you are probably looking at a new hose/regulator.

Back