Problem with Door on Brand New 22.5 WSM

Tim Harris Sr.

TVWBB Member
Hello everyone!

I am putting together my new WSM that came today from Amazon, and the Metal Door is way out of round... How do I fix this?

When I open the door it just falls off, and when its closed, there is about an inch gap on the left and right side...

Im sure I can not be the only one with a bad door. Foil? I should not have to use Foil its brand new!
help please!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim Harris Sr.:
Hello everyone!

I am putting together my new WSM that came today from Amazon, and the Metal Door is way out of round... How do I fix this?

When I open the door it just falls off, and when its closed, there is about an inch gap on the left and right side...

Im sure I can not be the only one with a bad door. Foil? I should not have to use Foil its brand new!
help please! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As Mike said, try to bend it as best you can or work on it a little with a rubber mallet. If it is extremely out of wack, call Weber.

If you're worrying about making it airtight, don't, leaks won't hurt a thing unless they're so big you can get your finger in it. I've posted before that I have 2 WSM's, one is basically airtight and the other one leaks like a colander, but they both cook perfect!

Yes, if you want to, stuff the cracks with foil.

Back