Probes

Status
Not open for further replies.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The end is simply sealed with insulation foil tape. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I've received some Nextel flexible ceramic sleeving from Omega and expect the postman to bring the new probes for the Nu-Temp 701 any day now. In the meantime, I need to find some of the foil tape that Roy C. and Webb Collings have mentioned. I'm not familiar with this product. Is it used for insulating houses? Where is it generally sold in the States? At hardware stores? Any further information about it would be greatly appreciated as the more detailed I am in my description the more likely I am to find it.

Thanks,

Jim Langford (AKA Mr Squeaky)

Jim,
it's sold in all hardware stores like Home Depot, etc in the heating/cooling duct section or plumbing section. I got the Nashua brand which also makes duct tape. If you can't find any, e-mail me privately and I'll fold up some in an envelope to Spain . You wont need much; just a few turns around the ends. It's sole purpose is to prevents the braided ends from unbraiding

Roy,

Thank you very much indeed for the kind offer. I'll have a look around at my local hardware store and see if I can't find some. I'll be surprised if they don't have it.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back