Prime CenTex Brisket

Thanks for the kind words everybody!

Excellent looking Max. So do you now recommend paying for prime grade for briskets? Was it worth it?

Hmmm that's touugh and as usual would depend on the price. This was $3.98/lb, pretty pricey, when compared to choice that I can sometimes get for $1.97/lb. I will continue cooking choice for eating briskets, as that's all I can get at my local grocery stores. This one was an hour drive away. But for BBQ comps, I think I will make the drive and be cooking prime, if I can get it.

Welcome Max! Neighbor! Nice cook! You like Kruetz or the Market? If you would like I could store some of those "Q"s for you? They will be well taken care of. I will even let them send you monthly photos to prove it….lol!

From a purely esthetic point of view (because that's all I really have to go on), I would say that this is one of the best looking briskets I have seen on this site to date.

I mean, look at those beautiful slices!!

Welcome Max! Neighbor! Nice cook! You like Kruetz or the Market? If you would like I could store some of those "Q"s for you? They will be well taken care of. I will even let them send you monthly photos to prove it….lol!

when I had that first bite of sausage at smitty's market, i became a fan for life. team smitty!

I did a Prime packer last year, and it was the BOMB. One guest, a quasi-vegetarian, said "I gotta have more. It's TOO good!"

Back