Pricing a somewhat recent Summit.

I have been given a 2008 Weber Summit S470 (Full stainless). It belonged to my parents and I replaced the firebox in 2015 as the old one had burned through.

I now would like to get it to a good home and sell it. I have no idea what to ask for it. It does need a couple of parts but the grates / burners etc. are all in great shape. I already have a gasser so I don't need it.

Any thoughts on rough value or how to go about really determining what I should ask for it?

Brentley

I think you need to post pictures for other members way in do not know much about summit's but others do here. The fact the firebox was replaced is a big deal on top of the frame being stainless sure Jon from Fl would be all over that shipping charges might kill him though. Use Imgur to post the photos Photobucket does not work anymore.

Brian

Brentley,
Yes it would definitely help if we can see the grill. It sounds like a nice one, and as a Brian noted the fact that you replaced the firebox is a HUGE plus. Not everyone understands this issue, but you have a big selling point assuming the new firebox is still tight.

Check out Imgur or Tinypic.com. It isn’t that hard to upload pictures and then copy links to your posts here. Be prepared to be bombed by ads but that is the price of “free”!

If you happen to end up selling it DO NOT post in your ad that it's such a new grill that already needed the FB replaced. BIG turnoff to some buyers (like myself) as it speaks volumes to either A how it was cared for or B how poorly it was made.
I know if I am looking at cars to buy and they're relatively low miles and I see "engine replaced xxxx miles ago or transmission replaced xxxx miles ago" it is a GIANT red flag to me. HOWEVER, if I see (major part) was replaced under warranty due to mfg defect not so much a red flag. I am pragmatic enough to know defects hidden a complex device can exist.
But yeah if you list it for sale simply list it as "well cared for"

Larry brings up a good point. You aren’t trying to scare off a potential buyer, but showing off a nice solid firebox should be a good selling point. Then, there is the possibility you will encounter an astute buyer who knows to look for this problem. For someone like that, I think telling them how new the firebox is would be a positive. If I were buying, I would have a lot more interest in your Summit than one the same age without a replacement. Yours would relieve some of my fears about its life expectancy.

Good luck! Like to see some pictures if you can.

Back