Price Checking

I agree. I have seen them for that and even lower. Condition is a big thing. And if it is an early generation without the updates, it could be a problem. I know the early ones had all kinds of issues which Weber has seemingly addressed through updates and replacement parts.

I see a Weber Ex4 gen 2 with spare glow plug close by for $400. Do you all think that's a good deal?
I don't think that is a good deal in one of Bruce's facebook links there is an EX6 for 400 obviously the price will change depending where you live. I did a search in my area there were 2 or 3 for 300 bucks or less but they all had problems people just gave up bet if you offered them 100 bucks they would take it.

IMO unless its a high end pellet grill buying a used Smokefire is just to much risk I would say the same for a Pitboss or other brands. The thing is the prices have come down on many of these grills you can buy a new one for 500 or less not the Weber I get it but if its about money that is your decision. Me waitng for the Searwood for $899 gonna wait for the reviews my guess is it will be better than the Smokefire thats just lessons learned from Weber and I want a 3 year warranty or whatever they end up putting on it.

Back