Pretty sure I have a new keeper!

Dave Maze

TVWBB Member
Well, found this awesome deal on Marketplace and picked it up this morning. $50 for the performer and she also threw in a new thermometer with probe and a nice grill utensil set. Think I'm going to gift my Copper Premium Kettle (in picture below) to my brother in order to make some room. Was planning on keeping it but this was just too good to pass up and I'm always hearing about how all of you love your performers so I figure I can't go wrong!

Attachments

• My new performer.jpg
    My new performer.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Extras.jpg
    Extras.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 67
  • So long Goldie.jpg
    So long Goldie.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 57
Man, I've been looking for a Performer on CL and FB Market here in OKC, for over 2 years. I never see them come up for sale and if one rarely does, its over priced.

Man, I've been looking for a Performer on CL and FB Market here in OKC, for over 2 years. I never see them come up for sale and if one rarely does, its over priced.
Yeah I think I lucked out on this one. The lady said she had 8 people message her in the time it took her to mark it pending pick up for me. I'm pretty excited!

There is one in Lawton OK for sale. But it is not a gas assist:

Well, found this awesome deal on Marketplace and picked it up this morning. $50 for the performer and she also threw in a new thermometer with probe and a nice grill utensil set. Think I'm going to gift my Copper Premium Kettle (in picture below) to my brother in order to make some room. Was planning on keeping it but this was just too good to pass up and I'm always hearing about how all of you love your performers so I figure I can't go wrong!

That's a nice deal on that Performer. Good little bundle too. It's kind of a slow period right now for buying, at least around here....but if you keep an eye out long enough you should be able to find a full-size Performer with the gas starter. When I first started buying and selling, I was hesitant to buy certain grills, but if it's a good deal you can always just resell the grill, and probably make a little money.

The legs were not installed in the correct sockets during assembly to have the non wheel leg align with the handle. They jokingly call that cattywampus which means not arranged correctly or diagonally. 😆

Really?? That's crazy. I have 7 currently that I have picked up in the last month, and have
had at least a dozen others this year.

Yep but check his pic. There is no socket in front of the handle

Jacob, that looks like a OTG or one touch gold kettle, so it “should” have two handles but you cannot see the other one. The hidden one should be lined up with the front leg and the back one between the two wheel legs. I could be wrong but it is quite common for people to install the legs wrong or “ cattywumpus”. 😆
See pics below of my OTG. It is the year before DF0344EF-1930-4B36-8E72-85B19673B575.jpeg5F8A9279-0936-4454-B8B9-0A3B782DD669.jpeg24C66C11-266C-4C88-A145-C194D9255918.jpegthe taco handle so the lid is different but the bowl is the same.

The legs were not installed in the correct sockets during assembly to have the non wheel leg align with the handle. They jokingly call that cattywampus which means not arranged correctly or diagonally. 😆
Yeah he installed them incorrectly :LOL: Actually makes a HUGE difference in the ease of moving it around. I told the guy who bought it and he didn't seem to mind. Would have driven me crazy!

Back