Press Release: Weber Launches New Genesis II Grills

So I'm curious, in the late 90s...say you wanted to buy a Weber grill but you didn't want to drop the coin on it because of the crazy price...were there older gassers (doesn't have to be Weber) that could be rehabbed like most of us do now with the older Genesis grills because of the crazy price of a brand new one and the aftermarket support for the older Genesis grills? I get that the internet has made it easier to look for used ones but back then what would you have done to look for an older gas grill that you know can be rehabbed to like new condition again...? Was or is there an older Weber gas grill equivalent back then that was successful like Weber?

I can’t really say for sure, but Broilmaster gas grills were around for years before Weber came out with the Genesis. I suppose there were a few people who may done that with old Broilmasters in that time period. Of course the advent of online “yard sale” sites like Craigslist and OfferUp have opened up a world of available options compared to back then.

Most of the othe used grills that may have been available back then would have been like my little Sunbeam that I posted about. Not many people probably would have bothered restoring one of those. Only I am that crazy:rolleyes:!

Last edited:
Yah, I still can't believe they can sell them that low Stefan...I wonder if Weber does not control the pricing anymore or, since they're made in China, the markup is so high that they can go that low and still make a profit?
Yes I am wondering too. But these sellers have been really aggressive in the past months. Therefore I have no plans to restore and flip any more old grills for now.

Yup, there is a $100 difference between the 2018 E310 and the 2019 E310 and they're basically the same grill, the only major difference (that I know of) is that the 2019 comes with SS flavorizer bars...does that change merit the $100 jump in price?

In my opinion the ss flavorizors would be worth about a $50 price hike. $100 is too much if that's the only upgrade.

Getting pricier for a basic 3 burner Genesis similar to the old models. But if I wanted/needed a new grill I'd still much rather drop the 800 on a new Genesis as opposed to 3 or 4 hundred for a char broil type junker that's just going to last a year or 2 with frequent use.

I did say if someone GAVE me $1000 and if I had to use if to buy a NEW grill. That same $1000 would set you up royally with the ultimate restored classic Genesis, maybe even with a stainless frame and certainly with rcplanebuyer grates and flavorizers. Throw in whatever handle light(s) you want, a new rotisserie, smoker box, smoker tube - hey you could probably get a Thermoworks Signals, to boot! Oh, and still have money left for steaks & great bbq. All that would be a LOT better to me, but I would still be proud to show off that crimson Genesis II if it could magically appear on my deck. Maybe I will restore one of those in 2025:rolleyes:!

Regarding pricing, I do think they turn quite a bit of profit on these grills, and a big part of that is the offshoring of production that I agree with Larry is very regrettable and which I don't believe would have happened under George's watch:george:. On the other hand, big box stores think and work in terms of volume and do sometimes just "get rid" of stuff. They don't seem to worry about what that might do to next year's purchases, but with people using and never cleaning grills and then tossing them out:confused:, maybe they are on to something!

Hi Jon, I've been lurking and looked at that bbqguys you linked too - it does look nice! - one reason I've joined is to ask if someone did have that type of money to spend, how would they go about finding that ultimate restored classic genesis? Is there an internet marketplace for quality used grills?

Steve: There are lots of people on this forum that restore old Weber grills. Stefan is one. I am sure he can set you up with a classic that will last you another 20 years. But, I don't know of a central online place that is set up for selling rehabbed Weber grills. Those of us that rehab them typically sell them using Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, OfferUp or Letgo but they are all sold locally for the most part. Stefan would be your local source.

Steve: There are lots of people on this forum that restore old Weber grills. Stefan is one. I am sure he can set you up with a classic that will last you another 20 years. But, I don't know of a central online place that is set up for selling rehabbed Weber grills. Those of us that rehab them typically sell them using Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, OfferUp or Letgo but they are all sold locally for the most part. Stefan would be your local source.

Thanks, I pinged Stefan about one he mentioned. I was hoping there might be some kind of a marketplace, but I imagine shipping makes it a bit impractical!

Yah, shipping is a killer. I sent several parts of a grill to another list member that didn't even include the fire box or lid from one grill and it cost over $100. If you tell Stefan what you want, I am thinking he can probably find just what you are looking for and fix it up just how you like it.

Thanks, I pinged Stefan about one he mentioned. I was hoping there might be some kind of a marketplace, but I imagine shipping makes it a bit impractical!

Steve, I did not receive any message from you. Right now I still have one older Weber for sale. But it is not a real classic like a Weber x000 with wooden tables. It is a 2005 Silver/Gold C with side burner. I don't have it on any sales site like CL or Offer-Up right now.
Here is a pic: https://photos.app.goo.gl/i8snsDSrinP1tQ9u5
Because the market here in Texas is swamped with brand new Weber at dumping prices am pausing right now to restore any other older grills except for one 1000 I want to restore for myself.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I will always love wood slats (like on my Skyline). They remind me of something like a classic Jaguar. However, that Gold C is one sweet-looking grill! And, to be honest, easier to use (stands a little higher) and a lot more practical to keep clean than the x000 grills. Beautiful job on the restore, Stefan:cool:!

Steve,

Looks like a winner to me!

Thanks Jon. Yes this is what I like about these Silver/Gold/Platinum C. They are robust and easy to clean and maintain. Plus the extra 3" work height compared to the open cart models. At 6'4" I like them to be as high as possible.

Yeah that higher work height is something I really appreciate when I am cooking on the Wold. While not 6'4 I am still over 6' though age has taken about 2" away from me. Bone loss is a family curse. :( Though my wife appreciates the Weber more because she only stands about shoulder height to me and lifting the lid on the Wolf makes her lean over it and the heat

Weber Launches New Genesis II Grills
Offering Greater Control, Enhanced Features and Comprehensive 10-Year Warranty

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Weber-Stephen Products LLC
Mar 20, 2019, 10:45 ET

PALATINE, Ill., March 20, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Weber-Stephen Products LLC, the world's largest manufacturer of charcoal, gas and electric grills and grilling accessories, announces new models of its popular Genesis II gas grill line, now with more features and value.

The Genesis II line-up includes 3-burner and 4-burner models, with step-ups that include features such as a dedicated Sear Station and side burner to expand the grilling possibilities. Models come in stainless steel or a range of porcelain enameled colors, including black, copper, crimson and smoke.

The Genesis II line up kicks off with 3-burner models, including an open cart E-310 ($959) available in black and stainless steel (S-310, $1,107). The step-up to the E-315 model, available in black and copper, ($1,008) features a closed cart for hidden storage. The E-330 grills—available in black, copper, smoke and crimson ($1,057) adds a powerful Sear Station, reaching high temperatures to provide perfect sear marks, as well as a handy side burner. The E-335 comes in black ($1,107) and stainless steel (S-335, $1,206). Both feature a closed cart front storage area.

The line's 4-burner models include the open cart E-410 ($1,156, available in black) and the step-up E-435 model featuring a Sear Station and side burner. The E-435 is available in black ($1,395) and stainless steel ($1,457).

All Genesis II grills feature two stationary side tables for maximum durability; a center-mounted, built-in thermometer; and a front-mounted lid handle for a sleek, premium look.

Weber offers an industry-leading 10-year warranty on all parts—from the wheels to the hood—on all Genesis II series grills. Each grill also includes a docking station for the iGrill 3 App-connected digital thermometer that monitors cooking times and temperatures, sending alerts to any mobile device (sold separately, $99).

Visit weber.com to learn more about the Weber Genesis II line of grills.

Note: All prices are MSRP.

SOURCE Weber-Stephen Products LLC

What are the differences between this and last year's models? Is it that they all have sear stations now?

If the E-310 doesn't have it, then what's different about this year's model?

Steve, I did not receive any message from you. Right now I still have one older Weber for sale. But it is not a real classic like a Weber x000 with wooden tables. It is a 2005 Silver/Gold C with side burner. I don't have it on any sales site like CL or Offer-Up right now.
Because the market here in Texas is swamped with brand new Weber at dumping prices am pausing right now to restore any other older grills except for one 1000 I want to restore for myself.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the comments! I purchase Stefan's grill and it works a charm. He did a great job making it look like new (even better than new I reckon!) - would recommend his refurbs to anyone looking for a 'new' Weber.

Steve,

That is one FINE looking grill that I am sure will give you many years of great service. Excellent choice!

It's too bad that the market in your area is so flooded with dubiously sourced new grills. Everyone there would benefit from having more of Stefan's craftsmanship available.

What material are those side tables?

Back