Prepped for 8 two cancelled!

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Had not done any country style ribs in forever! Never made cheese grits before, test run in a second kettle with the Vortex F7BBA53F-41A1-46F3-99C1-8422855D2E7B.jpeg4701C62F-1366-42FD-8EA3-88DC40593A01.jpegD4D0AA07-FEC2-4AA6-94A7-E3CFA9AA36BF.jpeg
The smoked stuffed manicotti needs work, the grits were a huge hit! CSR were delightful, nice evening all in all!
The chicken was done with the Vortex, CSR basic indirect, the shotgun shells went on the gasser, had a hard time getting the temperature down until I added a water dish, that helped a lot, I need to work on those, I like the concept but, it needs some adjustments.

Last edited:
Actually Joan, I’m thinking of making some a bit more “stiff” and cutting them and lightly smoking the cut pieces but, I’m not locked into that yet.
I‘m still thinking about the smoked shotgun shells, the manicotti didn’t soften as much as I’d hoped, I think thinner bacon which I can stretch a little more might help. Needs tweaking. The grits were really good, definitely going into the “do those again” column!
I just edited the first post for clarification.
Next weekend will be the JW appetizer party. I’m doing the hassleback mettwurst with peppers and fig jam, wings, bacon jalapeño tater tots, and the shotgun shells. Maybe the true grit bites but, I’m not sure but, maybe.

Last edited:

Back