Potato Cutter?

Gerry D.

TVWBB Pro
I make potato salad quite often and I was looking to see if there is a device to cut potatoes into uniform bite sized pieces. Sometimes I make potato salad for family gatherings so we can be talking about 20 pounds of potatoes. Just looking for an easier way than cutting them all by hand.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Russell Y:
French Fry Cutter

How about one of these? Halfway there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually was looking at one of those. I guess I could cut the potates in half and then use this. For $11 its worth a shot.

Or, go on CL or EB and look for an old "Veg-O-Matic".

Believe it or not, those suckers really do/did work! The cutters were set-up on fairly heavy-duty metal and the plastic parts were very sturdy.

I did a quick check on EB, and saw a bunch for between ten and twenty greenbacks.

I second the "Veg-O-Matic". We have worn out several. I watch at flea markets and such and buy when I find. You can put the potatoes through as fries and then lay back on and cut into uniform 1/4 to 3/8 inch cubes. We cut potatoes like this for our chili (I know, who puts potatoes in chili, we do)

Back