Post deleted

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Josiah Vivona:
Hello,
This fourth of July my extended familly is planning to go to a firework show at local beach park (La Jolla cove for those of you in San Diego). This spot gets very crowded! So crowded you can barely navigate through the crowd to cross the park. So crowded in fact I was planning on arriving around 5am to stake out a spot. So I figured I might as well bring the bullet and throw some pork shoulders on and maybe some ribs later on timed for lunch. Probably do some chickens on the kettle as well.

While almost everyone is cooking with gas and charcoal grills I am worried about the amount of smoke I might produce. Has anyone ever cooked in a crowded public place? Were there issues with the smoke? People trying to get in line for your Q?

Thanks
Josiah </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man that is what the 4th is all about! good BQQ. If it were me, and they dont like it, they can move to another area!

I wouldn't worry about it. You're producing good smoke. Have fun!
icon_smile.gif

As they said above, I wouldn't worry about it.
You will really only produce "smoke" for the first hour or so and then it's just a sweet smelling vapour pouring out, so no worries....

Also, think about it, most will be using charcoal with a noxious mix of propellants to start it, so you will be much friendlier to the senses!

Burt
wsmsmile8gm.gif

After you dump the lit on top of the unlit, place your smoke wood on top of the lit, and leave as much of an air gap under the wood as possible. This will give you a good burn on the smoke wood without all that heavy white smoke that you get on start up. I use 16" tongs to position the lit so I can straddle 2 pieces of lit with the smoke wood, and only get a few min of the heavy white smoke on start up.
icon_wink.gif

Your smoke will smell a heck of a lot better than the lighter fluid soaked coals flaming up everywhere.
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Your smoke will smell a heck of a lot better than the lighter fluid soaked coals flaming up everywhere.
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Are U kidding me? Matchlight rules for them weekend warriors. Now that's some "Good Eats"
icon_rolleyes.gif

Aloha... I wouldn't worry about the smoke since it will be normally the first hour or so and hardly anyone be at the beach at 7 am. By the time the crowds arrive the scent of bbq would be wafting all over the beach! Good luck...

joe

Yeah the bigger problem may be crowd control once the aroma of pork butt starts wafting around.
icon_wink.gif

Back