Portobellos stuff with pork - thanks Don Cash!

Another cook I wanted to recreate. Thanks Don Cash for posting this cook: Stuff Portobellos
Well, I don't like Italian sausage so I chose my favorite fatty meat. All was going according to plan...had the sausage cooling down to add the cream cheese and letting the grill cool down some when the wife asked, "How hot
is the grill? "It's very hot so I've got it shut down basically to cool down a bit." "Good, "WE" need to grill some veggies before they go bad." "Ok" So....I diced up some grilled zucc, squash and onion and added to the top just before adding the cheese. Now, since I've deviated so much from Don's cook...why stop now. Added sour cream and fresh jap slices at the end! Oh...and the salad was supposed to be MUCH smaller...wife likes salad! LOL

Rubbed the pan with Crisco
P6020001.jpg

Pound of pork and 1/4 shot of chopped garlic
P6020002.jpg

Cream Cheese coming up to room temp and shredded parm with chipotle powder and S & P added
P6020003.jpg

Keeping up with "The Jones" - Little Hydrangea blooming
P6020004.jpg

Sausage browned and time for the 'garlic dump'
P6020006.jpg

Port caps scooped out
P6020007.jpg

Cream cheese, shredded parm mix all blended
P6020008.jpg

Caps stuff and ready for the grill
P6020010.jpg

Uh hum...cough cough....the unwanted veggies
P6020012.jpg

Diced up one slice of zucc, squash and some onion rings
P6020015.jpg

Caps on the grill...nearly finished...add the veggies then cheese
P6020017.jpg

Just off the grill
P6020018.jpg

Plated...much 'busier' than Don's plated pic but it was still good! Thanks again Don for sharing.
P6020022.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Yep -- you got that right, Bob! Very nice, Wayne. This thread is now bookmarked and ready for action.

Jeez, my wife is out of town and I have this huge growing list of stuff I hafta fix when she gets back. So much to grill, so little time!

Rich

Another great post that has inspired me to try a similar dish (wife doesn't eat red meat> I will try it with turkey sausage.
Ray

Back