Pork Spare Ribs on the 26.75" Weber with Slow N Sear XL

MNunez

Smoked them for 2 hours @ 275 then wrapped in foil for 1 hour @ 275, removed from foil then back on the grill (brushed with BBQ sauce at this time) left for another 15-20 minutes and done! All the ribs I ever smoked were smoked at 225, I read about doing them at 275 and to be honest I could not tell the difference...I think I'm going to do at 275 from now on...I don't know if the Slow N Sear XL had anything to do with it or I'm just getting better at it but these ribs were very good, probably my best yet! :cool:

Those ribs looks killer!!!! I use high heat at times on spares, they come out great!!! Yours looks very good!

Ribs look perfect. How does the 26er hold temp with the slow n sear XL?

It holds the temp pretty darn good, at times I think my Maverick has frozen up because it stays at temperature pretty steady, it fluctuates within +/- 4 degrees. I just needed to do a few cooks to see how it acts and to get used to it, works like a charm when you get the "hang" of it. I've gone easily 8 hours @ 225° with the slow and sear XL without having to add more charcoal, or I can get about 4 hours or so at 275° before needing to add. I was on the fence because of the price, but I'm sure glad I bought it. I use 2 weber charcoal starters (cube) and pile on 12 briquetts to one corner, once they ash over I add a full chimney of unlit charcoal then add wood and the water, let it get to temp, then the meat. It's pretty simple to use and to tell you the truth I really love it! For me it makes smoking anything much easier, I wish you lived near by so I can let you try it so you can see what I mean. :)

Nice looking ribs. I've done 225 L&S and 275 with both spares and Saint Louis style and I can tell any difference either.

Great looking color on those ribs. I do my ribs at 275 and they taste wonderful. Keep the pics coming. After the last cook on Sunday, I keep thinking I would love to have a 26. The extra real estate would be a good thing. It is on my wish list.

Smoked them for 2 hours @ 275 then wrapped in foil for 1 hour @ 275, removed from foil then back on the grill (brushed with BBQ sauce at this time) left for another 15-20 minutes and done! All the ribs I ever smoked were smoked at 225, I read about doing them at 275 and to be honest I could not tell the difference...I think I'm going to do at 275 from now on...I don't know if the Slow N Sear XL had anything to do with it or I'm just getting better at it but these ribs were very good, probably my best yet! :cool:

Those ribs look really good from here.
But, in my experience I find that 225F gives much more moistness / juicyness in my bones. Much more than 275F smoked ones.

Great looking color on those ribs. I do my ribs at 275 and they taste wonderful. Keep the pics coming. After the last cook on Sunday, I keep thinking I would love to have a 26. The extra real estate would be a good thing. It is on my wish list.

Hi Bob,

I love my 26" Weber, I've been wanting one for a long time. I've been looking on CL for years and I never came across one. Then one day I saw that Home Depot was running a promotion for 0% for 12 months if you spend $299 by applying for their Home Depot Card. I could easily afford the grill but this way made it easier for me to justify spending $300 on "another grill" too my wife, lol.

Last edited:
It holds the temp pretty darn good, at times I think my Maverick has frozen up because it stays at temperature pretty steady, it fluctuates within +/- 4 degrees. I just needed to do a few cooks to see how it acts and to get used to it, works like a charm when you get the "hang" of it. I've gone easily 8 hours @ 225° with the slow and sear XL without having to add more charcoal, or I can get about 4 hours or so at 275° before needing to add. I was on the fence because of the price, but I'm sure glad I bought it. I use 2 weber charcoal starters (cube) and pile on 12 briquetts to one corner, once they ash over I add a full chimney of unlit charcoal then add wood and the water, let it get to temp, then the meat. It's pretty simple to use and to tell you the truth I really love it! For me it makes smoking anything much easier, I wish you lived near by so I can let you try it so you can see what I mean. :)

Sounds really good. Definitely on my wish list!

Back