Pork souvlaki on the S6

Nice! I liked the pork shoulder as it cooked it to 165°f. That extra fat really keeps it moist and flavorful. Yours looks great. What was your pull temp off the grill for the meat?

Last edited:
Nice! I liked the pork shoulder as it cooked it to 165°f. That extra fat really keeps it. List and flavorful. Yours looks great. What was your pull temp off the grill for the meat?
They say you can pull it at 145, wife won’t eat pork with any pink, so I pulled it at 150-155.
The vinegar made it nice and tender. I will make this again.

They say you can pull it at 145, wife won’t eat pork with any pink, so I pulled it at 150-155.
The vinegar made it nice and tender. I will make this again.
Exactly , the vinegar gives you a longer runway to cook it as the meat is tenderized. Good call on your temp.

You can substitute chicken in this recipe too. Just don’t go too long on the marinade as the vinegar will “cook” the protein.

Glad you were inspired. This is a winning recipe for sure.

Showed the MRS and she said OMG and started looking up tzatziki recipes……..I said we had a double pack of tenderloin in the freezer Costco style, and she said we are making it…..double inspired.
It will be done shortly it seems……

Showed the MRS and she said OMG and started looking up tzatziki recipes……..I said we had a double pack of tenderloin in the freezer Costco style, and she said we are making it…..double inspired.
It will be done shortly it seems……
Those were Costco double packs, I cooked them all so I could have some easy lunches this week.
I doubled the recipe and added a little more Dijon than it said, I also couldn’t find the paprika so I used a little cayenne. We like a little kick, it was really good.
The lemon squeeze at the end was key as well.
Also I did something I’m not used to but the recipe said to salt after the marinade, saying it wouldn’t dry out the meat, it seemed to work.

I would never thought of that combo, good call!
Our favorite Mediterranean spot always has a red hot sauce that reminds me of that chili garlic sauce. I have to look it up.
I will say the tzatziki was pretty easy and just really great.
I don’t like mint so I didn’t use it.

Back