Pork Shoulder Roast = Pork Butt ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian,

Check out this chart. The pic from your butcher's website looks much like the blade steak which is part of the shoulder butt on the chart...If I had to guess, it's probably the boneless blade roast or a cut from it.

Now I'm registered at your butcher, that should come in handy. Looks like they took a whole shoulder (bone in) and sawed it into smaller chunks.

I had a butcher over here saw a 12 pounder into a 6 pounder once. I figured I could wait nearly 12 hours but had no intention of waiting nearly 24 hours.

Thanks for the replies.

I apologize for posting this before searching the archives ... I'm now sifting through many similar subjects posted over the past few years.

If nothing else, you can wander through the butcher's site and check prices and selection.

What about $3.19/pound ... high, low, about right?

One more thing ... here are some links that may help others.
picnic
shoulder

Brian A

One of our local butchers has prices like that too. Butt, our Sam's has pork butt at around $1.35. Never seen them lower than that here in Western New York.
icon_frown.gif

I pay £1.80 / kg, which is about $1.42
Over here they leave in all the bones part of the chime and a few (what look like mini) ribs.

I'll snap a pic next time (not sure if my butcher knows what the interweb-thingy is much less have a website).

hope that helps

morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back