Pork shoulder on the mini.

BMitch

TVWBB Member
It's 8:00 central time and the shoulder is on the mini. Results to come tomorrow!
image-12.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I used 4 chunks of hickory with a mix of lump and briquettes. I use a rub that I found online from the BBQ brethren. I'm a fan so far as I use it on just about all my cooks. Steaks, chicken, ribs.. And now a Boston butt.

I used 4 chunks of hickory with a mix of lump and briquettes. I use a rub that I found online from the BBQ brethren. I'm a fan so far as I use it on just about all my cooks. Steaks, chicken, ribs.. And now a Boston butt.

Thanks you.

I slept a little too long and my fire almost went completely out.. So I got everything going again this morning but I'm worried that I may have ruined it and also extended my cook time.

What was the meat temp, and pit temp when you woke up? I've done the same thing, but the pit temp was 168 - and meat was 180ish...I moved on with it. Was fine.

The pit temp was just over 100 and I didn't take an internal meat temp. I suppose I'll jus keep cooking until I get to 195.

i've done at least 3 on my mini with no issues and they turned out great. but no overnight cooks. just not enough coal capacity for that i think.

I used quite a bit of rub. A nice coat of yellow mustard. Then the last 4 hours or so this morning I mixed cayenne pepper and vinegar and coated the meat every 1/2 hour. The mini burned the coals pretty slowly since I only needed about 250 degree cooking temp. I also have a charcoal basket that I fabricated in mine that really makes a difference with the efficiency of the coals.

Back