Pork Loin Cooking Time?

James Harvey

TVWBB Pro
Sorry All,

I posted this in the recipe section but didn't seem to get the exposure I was hoping for. I'm planning on smoking a full, boneless pork loin roast tomorrow (just over 7lbs) and have no idea how much time to set aside. I plan on smoking it to 145F at 225-250F. From what I've read a few hours should do it. I'm using my ET-73 for internal temps but have no frame of reference for cooking time. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Hey James,boneless pork loin does better at a higher tempurature because it is so lean. But they can be done at a low and slow very nicely. Yeah,a couple of hours,two and a half maybe,should do it. Don't take it much past 145,or it will dry out. HTH and let us know how it turns out.

On easter I did a 5.5# loin. I let it sit out for an hour before putting it on at 250. In 1:45 it was at 125 and I moved it to the grill to reverse sear, finishing it at 140. Hope that helps!

James, I'm sorry. I just looked at my reply in your other post and the first half was missing! So much for my copy and paste effort! I'd cook it at higher temps and when it hits about 125 I'd take a look at it and decide if I was looking for more of a "crust". If so, pull it off, drop the cooking grate down right over the coals and do a reverse sear. Depending on how hot the fire is, one to two minutes on all four sides. Then check the temp. If your at @135-140 pull it off and just lightly tent it in aluminum foil and give it a 15-20 min rest. If after the searing process the temp is lower, pull it and tightly wrap it foil. Give it 20 min and check the temp. You should be close to your 145. Personally, I think that's a tad over done but that's me. Total time two hours +-...

Back