Pork Chops, Hog Balls and Mini Corn Muffins

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
Dinner with appetizers tonight! First off the Hog Balls which comes from this video on You Tube.
I followed the recipe, except I used ½ pound of regular Jimmy Dean Sausage and ½ pound of Jimmy Dean Maple Sausage.
Seasoned with Penzeys 33rd and Galena.
DSC_9820-003.jpg

Put on the Performer with a couple small chunks of apple wood. Going fairly low temperature of around 275-300 degrees.
DSC_9827-003.jpg

Hog Balls are done after 45 minutes at 300 degrees.
DSC_9831-003.jpg

Pork chops were marinated in A-1 Chipotle Mix and dusted with Penzeys BBQ 3000.
DSC_9836-003.jpg

Mini Corn Muffins were made by following this recipe exactly. Cooked in the oven for 10 minutes at 350.
This was actually the first batch of 24. The recipe if followed will make 48 mini corn muffins.
DSC_9839-003.jpg

Pork chops onto the Performer indirect.
DSC_9841-003.jpg

Flipped after 10 minutes.
DSC_9847-003.jpg

Pork chops are done after another 10 minutes and a quick sear on the direct side.
DSC_9850-003.jpg

Plated together. Did not want or need any other sides since my wife and I had been snacking on both
the hog balls and muffins before dinner, while watching the Jaguars blow another game!
DSC_9852-003.jpg

Everything was great! The pork chops definitely had a good chipotle flavor and came out tender and juicy.
The hog balls were fantastic! The corn muffins were good, but I think I needed to add a little more heat to
the mixture.

Thanks for looking!

I have to be careful how I say this,
Great looking chops, muffins, and those other things! :rolleyes:

Fine looking pics too Mike!
anyone else notice that when you scroll down the page, the muffins look to be moving, kind of zooming in?

DSC_9839-003.jpg

HoleyHogBallsMike!
You're The Master Of Muffins And The Champ Of Chops!!!
EXCELLENT EETIN'!!!

Freaky, eh, Bob?!!

Thanks everyone for your kind words. :)Bob, I noticed that when I was processing the shot and just figured it was my lighting at the computer. :confused: More than likely was the angle I shot it at. I will leave the explanation to the photo experts on the board.

Back