Pork Butt.......Ribs?

My wife saw the same thing yesterday at the store. She saw the butt ribs and also saw pork butt steaks. She asked me, but without seeing them I could not answer as to what they were. I may stop by and check them out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony C.:
they are more commonly called country style ribs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, Just as Tony said. I have seen them boneless and bone in.

They are basically sliced hunks of the regular pork butt, usually from the leaner sections. You can cook them like ribs. I think they are a bit too lean for pulled pork, but if you go that route, they will be extra barky.

You can freestyle with these good cuts of meat. You can't mess em up.
icon_smile.gif

I did some last night for the first time. I cooked them using the 3-2-1(more like 3-1-1/2 hr.) method at 250 degrees. They came out very tastey and tender. I think spares or babybacks are better but for the price country style are very versatile; smoked, indirect, croc pot, etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Balzotti:
Bryan,

How have you cooked them? I looked in the recipe's and food topics and couldn't find anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Paul, Here's a thread with many different ways people cook them. They cook pretty quick, and are tasty eats. Link to Country Style Ribs recipe thread
Also here's the Search results for country style ribs.

Back