Pork Butt for Burritos?

JoeR

TVWBB Member
My wife wants Mexican themed food for her birthday party - want to make burritos with pulled pork, but thinking I probably shouldn't serve it dry. Any ideas for a sauce?

Joe,

I just had pork at a Mexican restaurant served with a green sauce. Probably tomatillo and chile based. It was a perfect complement to the pork. Something like this one might work.

Jim

I make these often when we have left over pork. My recipe goes like this:

- flour tortilla
- layer of refried beans
- generous helping of cheese
- some pork (duh)
- lots of onion (raw 1015 is best)
- roll it up and put it on a plate (maybe make two burritos like this)
- cover them with Pace picante sauce (medium)
- add a bit of tobasco to the picante
- heat in a microwave (blasphemy?)
- mix sour cream in with the picante sauce
- top with a generous helping of guacamole

We do this w/ both brisket and pork,

Layer some:

flavored rice (chicken stock/chili powder)
pork or brisket
black beans
chilies or other peppers of your choice
white cheese (again of your choice)

in a larger burrito tortilla. Wrap every thing up inside the tortilla. Heat a pan, drizzle in some oil (corn or olive, have done either), fry both sides of burrito until the open end is sealed shut and the tortilla is almost crisp. Pour your favorite sauce on top, I've used everything from a homemade green chili sauce to Blue's Hog. Eat warm. When I make these, I usually make a lot and freeze them. The microwave reheat does away with the crispiness of the shell, but I'd much rather eat these than any other frozen burrito out there! Family loves them.

You might want to try a search on Stogie's burrito recipe. I remember that being pretty good

Great ideas guy, thanks! Luckily, I've got time to try them out with some frozen leftovers!

Back