Polder woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank S.

TVWBB Member
I think my polder sensor is toast. When I plug it in, it says Hi/Lo instead of giving me a temp reading.

I was thinking of replacing it with a dual sensor unit, but read some negative comments posted about it. Has anyone found a good reliable dual probe unit out there?

The probe is bad and can be replaced. At this time of the year if you look for sales you can find complete units for the cost of the replacement probe.
Jim

When you tire of buying replacement probes, buy the Maverick ET 73 from thegadgetsource.com for $39.95. Shipped from Asheville NC, so shipping won't be much to you.

The Maverick Redi-Chek model ET-73 is the current frontrunner of digital dual-sensor probe remote-pager thermometers. It uses two cables instead of a combo like the sometimes-unreliable Polder. The majority of user reports here have been favorable.

I got my ET-73 on friday and tested it out on a pork shoulder on my weber kettle. Worked great. Although it did lose the signal when I had a few walls in between me and the grill while in the house. But then I figured out if I left my patio door blind open in the kitchen it did'nt lose the signal anymore.

I love my ET-73! I would recommend one to everyone. It's so great being able to sit in the house or where ever you are and still be able to monitor the food and smoker temp.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frank S.:
[qb] Thank you gentlemen. I put the order in. I'll follow-up in a week or so to provide some feedback. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>BTW I ordered mine on a on a wednesday and got it on friday. So you may have it to try for a cook this weekend!

quote;
BTW I ordered mine on a on a wednesday and got it on friday. So you may have it to try for a cook this weekend!

I have you beat. A few weeks ago I ordered mine on Monday about noon. Was shipped that same afternoon. Received it Tuesday evening. Of course, I'm less than 90 miles from Asheville.

Smoking Jim in NC

How does the ET-73 compare to the ET-7? The Maverick site implies that the ET-73 is a single-probe device.

Also - do either the ET-7 or the ET-73 allow one probe be used to monitor meat temp, with the second probe monitoring grill/ambient air temp?

Jim, I have the ET-73. It has 2 probes which can be used for anything, but the suggested use is one for meat(it is longer and pointed) and the other short one for smoker temp. It comes with a clip to mount the probe to the grate. I love mine, and use them as suggested. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The ET-73 is a two-probe device. The webpage's description just doesn't mention 'simultaneous' use.

The big difference is that ...

The ET-7 has more display options but is geared more for food usage. (Food type, target temp, etc)

The ET-73 has an alarm mode if the smoker falls below a set temp. The display's top number is labeled "Food" and the lower number is labeled "Smoker".

Either one will monitor whatever you got the probe in.

Once again, this site proves to be useful... I ordered the ET-73 on Wedesday, and it will be delivered on Monday - but in time for the cook this weekend, unfortunately...

Little pencil/paper icon lets you edit your own posts when your fingers outrace your brain. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug D:
[qb] Little pencil/paper icon lets you edit your own posts when your fingers outrace your brain. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>And thank god too. I have to use it all the time /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back