Playoff ABTs

Charles H.

TVWBB Super Fan
Here are the ABTs ready to be cooked.
I cleaned the membrane and seeds out real good this time so hopefully I will be able to eat more than two without crying. :(
My brother is here to help me eat them and the bell pepper slices are for my wife. :eek:

The stuffing is:
Smoked pork shoulder roast, pulled (3 lbs before cooking)
1 brick cream cheese, softened
1 small onion finely chopped
1 handful shredded sharp cheddar

Combine all stuffing ingredients in sealable bowl and mix thourghly with a fork.
I mixed this together last night while the pork was still barely warm and refrigerated it overnight.
The longer it has to mingle flavors the more the onion and saltiness will integrate so give it at least an hour before adding any salt (chances are you won't need to add any).
The refrigerated mixture is easier to stuff into the peppers than a softened mixture.
Cook until the peppers are tender.
:wsm:

ABTs 01-11-15 by chashint1, on Flickr

Oh yeah I still have at least 1/2 of the stuffing mixture so if anyone knows how I can use it please share.

Last edited:
Charles, that is an awesome filling for ABT't. I'm not sure but if you hard boiled some eggs, cut in half and take out the yoke and put your filling in. Might be worth a try.

Those look good and that stuffing sounds great. Good ideas for the leftover stuffing. You could also get som Won Ton wrappers and fry up a few.

Back