PK Grill, anyone else here have one?

Wayne Dimirsky

TVWBB Super Fan
I just bought a new one last month. I found out about them last year and became intrigued by them. A local Outdoor Home store stared carrying them and I broke down and bought one.

I have about four or five cooks on it and really like it. It is very miserly on charcoal usage which I like and everything I have cooked on it so far has turned out good. I'll be curious how it does this winter as my Weber's really seem like they use up the charcoal pretty quick during the winter.

So, how many of you here have one of these grills and how do you like it?

Wayne

Hi Wayne, the PK is a great grill for doing hot & fast on the bottom shelf and lower and slower on the top. I find the PK a bit small so large cooks are out. You are spot on when it comes to charcoal use. This little guy is extremely stingy with it's charcoal use. I'm finding the damper settings a bit challenging, but with time I'm sure I'll get it down.
Good luck and good smoking.
Bill

I don't have a PK but I certainly want one, Wayne. Which color did you end up getting...the classic aluminum or the graphite?

I'm still trying to figure out the damper settings as well but I'm sure I will get it. I do like that when I shut all of the dampers, the coals die out. I can't get my Weber Kettles to do that for some reason.

I bought the classic aluminum because it was the only color the store had but when I went to their other store in another town nearby, they had both colors. I would have probably gotten the graphite.

I've heard rumors that they are coming out with a bigger version this fall. I may have to check it out if they do.

Wayne

They were invented by a guy not far from where I grew up. My dad had one and would rock some chicken off it. Steaks were drier than a popcorn fart but I remember the lemon chicken was awesome.

I'll bet one of the aluminum PK's would look amazing with the metal brought up to a high polish.

actually i have an old one. a friend gave it to me in 1992. i could tell by the style that it wasn't new. the company was out of business at the time and i couldn't find anything on the internet for years. obviously the company is back in production and i learned that the particular unit i have was built in the mid 1960's. i've replaced the charcoal grate and the cooking grates and the original aluminum stand gave out a few years ago. i built a new one from gas pipe before i knew the company was operational again. i LOVE my pk! it is one of my most favorite possessions and i am hoping to find another old one so that i can pass them both down to my two kids one day. hope you are enjoying yours!

I also bought the new PK 360 back in December. I got one of the limited edition models. It is slightly bigger than the classic version they are selling now. I really like it and it seems to work as good as the older ones.

Back