Pizzaque on Weber Performer

Mike Pypiak

TVWBB Member
Just picked up a PizzaQue at Home Depot today, $79 currently and comes with a pizza peel and stone. Not a bad deal at all, compared to the Kettle Pizza.

One disclaimer I do have already, if you have a performer with a lid holder, it does not allow the Pizzaque to sit flush like it should. You can't get the unit around the bolts on the inside of the bowl without bending the unit. Kind of a bummer. Easy enough to unscrew those bolts....or my wheels are already turning to get a standard issue kettle and just use it solely for Pizza (shhh, don't tell my wife!)

Will post some picks later on hopefully.

Happy Friday - cheers!

From what i can remember I just marked where the bolts lined up on the PizzaQue and cut a slot with tin snips. I'll see if can post a pic later.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the Pizzaque. A few things to note, the "charcoal fence" is pretty terrible. Really flimsy, didn't even bother with it. I'll probably toss it. Again, some small modifications will be needed to get it to fit snug over the bolts on the inside of the bowl from the lid holder on my performer. I just unbolted it for this cook.

I used a full lit chimney of KBB, spread across the back of the bowl, and dumped another half unlit KBB on top. I didn't use any wood at all, got temps over 700.

0304161826a_HDR by Mike Pypiak, on Flickr

Pizzas took about 4-5 minutes tops. I rotated the pies a little bit while cooking to avoid burning. I like a little black on the crust, personally. Plain cheese for me:

0304161826_HDR by Mike Pypiak, on Flickr

My wife likes onions on hers:

0304161834_HDR by Mike Pypiak, on Flickr

Love the cripsy and chewy you get in this style pizza

0304161837a_HDR by Mike Pypiak, on Flickr

I used store bought crust from Publix. It is pretty good actually. Sauce is just San Marzano tomatoes, pureed with a little sea salt, drizzle of olive oil, and pinch each of dried basil, oregano and parsley. Standard issue shredded mozz and a little shaved asiago cheese.

0304161837_HDR by Mike Pypiak, on Flickr

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Last edited:
Some mighty fine pizzas there. Should you get a wild idea, you could upgrade your stone. You can't beat a high quality stone when cooking pizzas on the BBQ

Mike, those pizzas look mighty fine.
Cooking pizzas this way is addicting, everyone says it's the best they have ever had. I have replaced my dome lid with a flat steel plate. It works great at radiating the heat down on top of the pizzas. When I get more time, I will post a picture of the setup.

No telling wives anything here :)

Matt was the first person to use one here (that I can remember anyway) and he had much success with it.

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?59414-Pizzaque

Speaking of Matt, where are you man? Hopefully hauling in some river fish

Hey Chuck, I have been busy building an addition on my house. I'll be done in another month or so, and get back to posting again (after the spring Chinook run).

Hey Chuck, I have been busy building an addition on my house. I'll be done in another month or so, and get back to posting again (after the spring Chinook run).
Good to see ya Matt, good luck with the addition and more important.....Good luck with the Chinook run :)

my wheels are already turning to get a standard issue kettle and just use it solely for Pizza (shhh, don't tell my wife!)

Will post some picks later on hopefully.

Happy Friday - cheers!

That's what I did I dedicated a performer for my kettle pizza, had two so why not.

Back