Pizza Sunday

JasonMansfield

2 Pizzas on the Redhead Kettle:
- pesto, shrimp meat, feta, bell pepper
- red sauce, mozzarella, sausage, pepperoni, bell pepper

New dough recipe (to me) from this site recently posted. This was about the best dough I've done so far (in terms of crumb and rise). I used 1/2 00 and 1/2 AP. That seems to work better for a slightly thicker crust. Good flavor with 48-hour fridge ferment, but not quite what I was going for. This was a super high quality american style, in my mind. I think if it's 100% 00 and thinner, maybe more italian style.

Threw an oak stave in before the first pie. I thought it would last to the second, but it died just before I got the pie to the kettle. I had to add another one, which was fine but just took longer.

IMG_8810.JPG

IMG_8811.JPG

IMG_8812.JPG

IMG_8813.JPG

IMG_8814.JPG

IMG_8815.JPG

IMG_8816.JPG

IMG_8817.JPG

IMG_8818.JPG

Those are some nice looking pies, Jason!! Glad you enjoyed the dough recipe! :)

....and that redhead IS sexy!! 🤣

Rich

Those pizzas look awesome, and some great photos, I like action shots. How's that wine from the Santa Cruz Mountains? Syrah? Shiraz?

Those pizzas look awesome, and some great photos, I like action shots. How's that wine from the Santa Cruz Mountains? Syrah? Shiraz?
Thanks. I was impressed with the action shots myself. I'm glad the flames showed up well. The flames really make the setup work as well as it does.

The wine is a Tempranillo from Woodside Winery- an "industrial" winery in my town. I was alright. I like their chardonnay and cab the most.

The wine is a Tempranillo from Woodside Winery- an "industrial" winery in my town. I was alright. I like their chardonnay and cab the most.
I'm in Redwood City, so we're neighbors! :) Actually have never had any vino from WW, though I've driven past it many, many times!

Rich

I'm in Redwood City, so we're neighbors! :) Actually have never had any vino from WW, though I've driven past it many, many times!

Rich
They're now in San Carlos with AutoVino across from PAMF. On the weekends they have lunch in the parking lot with wine and food. Maybe we'll see you there sometime?
We stopped there earlier on Sunday for pizza inspiration. Their pizza chef went to pizzaiola school and doesn't disappoint. I did notice one shortfall that I often see - the thin crust in the middle of the pizza is just too flimsy and wet. I'm thinking just a little more heat under the stone might help crisp the center quicker.

They're now in San Carlos with AutoVino across from PAMF. On the weekends they have lunch in the parking lot with wine and food. Maybe we'll see you there sometime?
We stopped there earlier on Sunday for pizza inspiration. Their pizza chef went to pizzaiola school and doesn't disappoint. I did notice one shortfall that I often see - the thin crust in the middle of the pizza is just too flimsy and wet. I'm thinking just a little more heat under the stone might help crisp the center quicker.
I knew they moved, but didn't realize it was over to that part of Industrial. I'll have to check out the food setup for sure. Their new location is very close to Alpha Acid....a favorite nano/micro brewery of ours!

Agree on the wet pizza centers......heat is one component, I think the other is resisting the typically American urge to overload with toppings! :) Oh, and the other thing is trying to drain or press some of the moisture out of your mozz if you are using fresh (some are wetter than others.)

R

Back