Pizza Night

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
We did the Flat Out whole grain shells for the dough again, this stuff rocks for grilling pizza among other things and is most of all healthy!!

My daughter has this thing about chicken and ham HAVING to be on her pizza. I mean, she'll eat anything really but she really loves chicken on it, so I love making her happy so I oblige. I asked what kind of seasoning she wanted on it and she pulled out my buddy Dan Arnolds Sucklebuster Steak seasoning. Actually turned out awesome on chicken!! Will be a go to the next time I grill chicken.

IMG_6235.jpg
IMG_6241.jpg

Chicken is done, so I added the main ingredient for my pie, bay scallops seasoned with a bit of EVOO and S&P. Cooked on my cast iron griddle.
IMG_6259.jpg
IMG_6265.jpg
IMG_6264.jpg

Time to build my pie. I wanted something different for mine. Used a red clam sauce for the base.
IMG_6245.jpg

Then I added the 'taboo' Parmesan cheese to the 'seafood'. Some people cringe at the thought of cheese on seafood, I'm not one of them. I like it!
IMG_6247.jpg

Then I added mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, anchovies, garlic, red pepper flakes and oregano.
IMG_6254.jpg

Here's my wife's pie. It has provolone, Parmesan, mozzarella, pepperoni, ham, onions and bell pepper.
IMG_6267.jpg

Cathryn's pizza with the chicken and ham.
IMG_6273.jpg
IMG_6274.jpg

Cat's stuck to the grill and tore, but I mainly salvaged it.
IMG_6278.jpg
IMG_6279.jpg
IMG_6280.jpg

Mine is ready for the grill!
IMG_6281.jpg
IMG_6284.jpg
IMG_6288.jpg
IMG_6289.jpg

Pretty darn good dinner!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Hays:
Pizza's look great, butt, that's a LOT of anchovies!!
icon_eek.gif

icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Almost the whole can!!! I love those little guys!! That must be why my fingers are swollen today, too much salt!!! I got Cathryn to try a piece of one and she wasn't really into them!

I like them but in moderation.
icon_razz.gif
Ask C if she'd like 1 or maybe 2 crumbled up and spread over her next pizza .. Bet she'd like 'em then
icon_wink.gif

Love that scallop pie! (minus the anchovies)

Where do you get those crusts?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Hays:
I like them but in moderation.
icon_razz.gif
Ask C if she'd like 1 or maybe 2 crumbled up and spread over her next pizza .. Bet she'd like 'em then
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too!! I'll sneak them in something soon and let you know how she liked them! The kids loves sardines too!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimK:
Love that scallop pie! (minus the anchovies)

Where do you get those crusts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At first I only found them at Wegmans, but now you can find them in almost any grocery store.

Great looking pies Larry. Funnily enough, my wife mentioned we should have grilled pizzas for dinner tonight...I like the idea of a clam sauce. We'll be making two...so that's gonna make an appearance if possible.

Your daughter loves sardines? Good for her. Not sure if you're a sardine fan...but a healthy and really tasty snack is avocado and sardines spread on toast. Man, it's good. With hot sauce too.

Great food never tryed pizza on the grate but i will for sure.

Im with Cathryn chicken/Ham or ur wife
icon_razz.gif
rovolone, Parmesan, mozzarella, pepperoni, ham, onions and bell pepper.

The sea food one is really to mutch for me.

Thx for posting this.

Bless//Me

OhYeah! I'd eet all that, anchovies, the whole can YEP! Toss the can on it too, i'd eet that also!
GREAT Pizzas Larry!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G Dechaine:
Great looking pies Larry. Funnily enough, my wife mentioned we should have grilled pizzas for dinner tonight...I like the idea of a clam sauce. We'll be making two...so that's gonna make an appearance if possible.

Your daughter loves sardines? Good for her. Not sure if you're a sardine fan...but a healthy and really tasty snack is avocado and sardines spread on toast. Man, it's good. With hot sauce too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That spread sounds awesome! Might make some with a little chili garlic sauce added in! Great idea!!!!

I use Barbados hot pepper sauce. Some stuff I picked up while on vacation there. If ever you see it, try it. It's a mustard base.

Great looking pizza . We do it every week winter or summer Fri or Sat night ! Had one failure a week ago but this week wife got the dough back to normal and everything was fine ! We do it so much I actually been thinking a building a small wood fired brick oven
icon_biggrin.gif

I luv achovies also :O) on pizza wife don't .
icon_rolleyes.gif

Back